Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New here Hi from Chicago the city that never (can't) sleeps.
RE: New here Hi from Chicago the city that never (can't) sleeps.
Greetings skulldrinker,

My hubby had the exact model you have. He used his from the spring of 2003 until September 2014, when he finally got a new sleep study for him (and a sleep study for me).

Really, truly, please get a newer machine. You will be AMAZED at the difference. The multiple pressures as opposed to the single pressure is SO much better; so much more comfortable and SO much better for treating the apneas.

We loaned the old single pressure unit (known as "the brick") to my sister to use until her machine arrived (took about 2 months for the DME to get their rear in gear, ARGH!). While "the brick" made a huge difference in her sleep, when she started using the new machine, a PR System One w/humidifier, she absolutely could not believe the difference the adjustable pressure AND the humidifier made over "the brick". It was so much better!

So, please, if at all possible, get yourself a newer machine; your body will notice the difference and appreciate it.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leak City. What is going on? Djungelbobo 16 1,347 09-16-2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] New to APNEA, struggling to get full nights sleeps, appreciate review and advice. new2paphopeful 5 1,038 09-26-2020, 06:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  High AHI's in Mexico City Sterling147 22 4,231 05-24-2017, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Sterling147
  Event City readyforsleep 5 2,482 05-18-2014, 11:26 AM
Last Post: retired_guy
  A Mouth Breather Finally Sleeps Thru the Night ShelaghDB 2 2,423 05-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.