Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chest pain
Chest pain
hi, 

I've been using ResMed 10 for her and a full face mask for 2 weeks now. 

Initially I felt Fantastic but I went for a follow up and the respiratory therapist changed my pressure. Now my chest hurts. Is this normal starting with therapy? Is it because I'm breathing better and filling my lungs?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chest pain
You need to download and install sleepyhead, see the link at the top of the page. No way to tell what is going on without being able to look at the data. I would start by calling your Rt and advising them on what is going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can I use sleepyhead with only an IPad?
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board, Apneamomma.

Quote:Can I use sleepyhead with only an IPad?

Sadly, no. It will run on Windows, Mac and Linux but not on iPads or similar gadgets.

It's not unknown for people to develop a mild chest pain on starting PAP therapy. However the standard recommendation whenever you have unexplained chest pain is to see a doctor quick smart, to rule out anything serious. At the very least, get back to your sleep clinic and tell them you're experiencing pain, and find out what changes they made.

We are strong advocates of apnea patients managing and understanding their own therapy, so you should find out what pressures were prescribed and what changes were made. We also recommend you get a copy of the full sleep study and prescription - you will very likely need these in years to come. In the meantime, go to the link CPAP Setup Manuals at the top of the page and request the clinician manual for your machine. This will show you how to interrogate your machine and determine what the settings are.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, this is one of those times I miss having a computer. In the morning I'll look deeper into the machine. It's a long weekend in Canada but I'll head to my doctor on Tuesday. 

I appreciate the advice
Post Reply Post Reply
"Chest Pain" = Red Flag. As stated above the FIRST step is to see your Dr. and possibly the ER. It may be nothing, but the normal bad things need to be ruled out.

DeepBreathing is spot on.

Press the 2 buttons on the front for 3 seconds, that opens the magic window on your machine. Change with care, but you can see all the settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
At the very least, find out what the original pressure settings were before they changed them. Then you can compare them to the current settings. Your machine can be set to deliver a constant pressure or when set in auto mode a range of pressures.

I don't recommend that you make any changes to your pressure settings right now.

If your medical care providers did everything right, which is possible but by no means certain, they may have raised your pressure because you were having too many obstructive apneas or hypopneas. Raising the pressure can cause too may central apneas, so you need to watch for that.

If you register at ResMed's myAir website you will at least be able to see some statistics. Your machine can be set, and may already be set, to have its on-screen display show even more detailed statistics.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Apneamomma,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
There is nothing wrong with me Yay!

I called the sleep clinic today and the respatory therapist I spoke to changed my pressure from 7-14 to a fixed 8. The mask was leaking directly into my eyes so when I woke up my eyes were sealed with discharge and my eyes were tired. Fingers crossed this will help
Post Reply Post Reply

You are OK now get some Good Sleep

Okay

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 986 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 343 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  [Symptoms] Back/Chest pain, need advice anthonyfg 3 454 09-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: anthonyfg
  Chest Pains. Set pressure? Dolla Bill 13 1,070 08-28-2023, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Dolla Bill
  Hip pain when waking up? rpierce 7 1,104 08-27-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.