Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chest tightness
Chest tightness
Just a dumb question, has anyone experienced chest tightness or aching since starting CPAP? Over the past couple days my chest has started aching and feeling tight. It hurts to deep breathe or move certain ways. I went to the gym and did 30 minutes of the treadmill with no problems. Just curious. I had read in a few other places about such things happening to folks.

Thanks and Merry Christmas,

Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chest tightness
I've heard of people complaining of "soreness."
Could be CPAP is stretching the intercostal muscles.

You've seen your cardio doc recently, right?
I note you've had a triple CABG about 20 years ago... So, I would guess you are routinely followed by a cardiologist.

I wouldn't worry about it; enjoy the holidays.

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2015, 10:43 PM)justMongo Wrote: I've heard of people complaining of "soreness."
Could be CPAP is stretching the intercostal muscles.

You've seen your cardio doc recently, right?
I note you've had a triple CABG about 20 years ago... So, I would guess you are routinely followed by a cardiologist.

I wouldn't worry about it; enjoy the holidays.

Mongo
Yup and will see him again next week.

Merry Christmas, my friend.

Mark

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah breathing against pressure works muscles not used to it.
If eveything else is a go thats likely the culprit. I did the same thing when i started.

Actually if i have a night my pressure has had to run over 15 , which is rare, ill still be a bit sore the next day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2015, 09:58 PM)GTOdude Wrote: Over the past couple days my chest has started aching and feeling tight. It hurts to deep breathe or move certain ways. I went to the gym and did 30 minutes of the treadmill with no problems.

I think it took me a couple weeks for my breathing muscles to gain strength and recover from exertion soreness. But I started CPAP when in my fifties.

I suppose, if you were able to do 30 minutes of the treadmill with no problem it sounds like your heart may be in good shape, but take note of whether the chest soreness is getting better or worse and be sure to discuss this with your cardiologist.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full face mask tightness pushing jaw back and leaks wickedsleepy 11 745 02-07-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] Back/Chest pain, need advice anthonyfg 3 452 09-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: anthonyfg
  Chest Pains. Set pressure? Dolla Bill 13 1,066 08-28-2023, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Dolla Bill
  ongoing chest pain msherman1000 3 510 08-23-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Chest strap heart rate monitor? YouTakeMyBreathAway 0 585 07-23-2023, 07:08 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
Sad [Pressure] Aerophagia and chest soreness favosys 6 794 05-21-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: favosys
  New mask but chest still tight and flow limitations Summer 5 719 09-04-2022, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Summer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.