Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cheyenne stokes respiration
Cheyenne stokes respiration
Hope you can shed some light. Last night (for the first time since I started using my machine), I had 15 minutes of cheyenne stokes respiration (all clumped together). How should I interpret that?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cheyenne stokes respiration
I asked a similar question not too long ago. not sure how to link another post though. scroll down below your post to "possibly related threads..." for several threads that will likely answer your question. post again if not, for the experienced members to weigh in.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2018, 09:49 PM)sheepless Wrote: I asked a similar question not too long ago.  not sure how to link another post though.

While looking at the post you wish to link, you will see a post number ot the post's right.  Right-click on the number and select Copy Link Location.  Now go to the post you wish to insert the link and Paste  (Ctl-V) the link in.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks crimson nape. got that figured out. now, what if I want to link to a thread, which is what I should have asked in the first place? same way via #1 post in the thread?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2018, 09:32 PM)sleepytimegal Wrote: Hope you can shed some light. Last night (for the first time since I started using my machine), I had 15 minutes of cheyenne stokes respiration (all clumped together). How should I interpret that?

Hi sleepytimegal,
No need to worry about an occasional cheyne stokes (periodic breathing) episode. Most of us experience this now and then. If this was continuous through the night or something you see more often, you could bring it up to your doctor. Cheyne Stokes is often associated with heart disease, but as I said if this is an occasional episode, I wouldn’t worry over it.

If you would like someone to look at your chart to give you peace of mind, post it here.

Follow the links in my signature line for organizing graphs and then use the attachment feature to post a screenshot of the daily page.

There are more threads on this subject...scroll down to bottom of page “possibly related threads.”
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2018, 10:19 PM)sheepless Wrote: thanks crimson nape.  got that figured out.  now, what if I want to link to a thread, which is what I should have asked in the first place?  same way via #1 post in the thread?

While this answer is a little late, Yes! Post #1 and the Thread url are the same.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cheyne Stokes.  Not the aboriginal stokes.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Opal Rose, Here is the screen shot of the cheyne-Stokes data. Thanks for your help.

Sleepytimegal
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sleepytimegal,
Thanks for posting a graph.  If this cluster of Periodic Breathing and Clear Airways around 7:20 is a one time occurrence, I wouldn’t pay much attention to it.  If this occurred all night or more often, then you may want to bring it up to your doctor or Cardiologist just to rule out any other health issue. Just keep watch on it.

One thing I suggest is to change your EPR setting from 3 to 2.  This may help prevent
Clear Airway events, and it’s not likely you would even notice a difference in the EPR.
Otherwise, your results look good.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Opal Rose, Your input is very much appreciated. 

Sleepytimegal
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 1 103 03-27-2024, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  How bad is this really? CSA & Cheyne Stokes Little Olive 7 251 03-12-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 184 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 825 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 295 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 332 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Respiration Rate wickedsleepy 11 506 02-08-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.