Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: same as machine
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Cheyne-Stokes Breathing Pattern ??
Me, wilorg, under a new handle (too much to explain, but for the next few weeks positng on the forum I will preface any psots with this). I can't emphasise enough the need to remain calm when confronted with medical jargon. Everything, when looked up seems alarming (and we even have something called medical student's syndrome where they basically suffer from "everything" they encounter in their studies).

First thing to do is look at the data and understand where these incidents are happening. If you have a sO2sat finger device, what we call an oxymeter (there are variant spellings according to country), marry the data to the cPAP data and see if there really is a major desaturation for any length of time.

If there are strong correlations, then bring them to your doctor - they will be able to assess if there is reasonable risk that you are suffering from potentially fatal CSR or if it another form of long chain breathing that is not harmful. 9 chances out of 10 it is simply your brain looking for a correct breathing pattern in the downward spiral to sleep or the waking phase, or a form of OSA that is being interpreted as PB or CSR. So relax, take a deep breath, and examine the data. Only then can you make an informed decision.
03-18-2013 08:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
dcgrafix Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Philips Respironics System One RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (461CA)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro Large
Humidifier: Respironics System one
CPAP Pressure: 8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic Other Software

Other Comments: Diabetes type 2

Sex: Male

RE: Cheyne-Stokes Breathing Pattern ??
Thanks guys
I don't get a lot of them.
I could post some screen shots later for you to look at.

I will do that later today if I can
Thanks again
Dan
03-18-2013 01:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Need opinions about breathing waveforms - REM sleep? awake? don't know? green wings 7 121 Today 12:18 PM
Last Post: green wings
  Classic example of Sleep-Wake-Junk breathing robysue 4 242 12-06-2016 09:51 PM
Last Post: richb
  Soft cervical collar: a tip for mouth breathing and chin tucking Visitor 44 3,694 12-06-2016 11:43 AM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Bite Guard for Mouth Breathing mcsheltie 11 513 11-29-2016 11:46 AM
Last Post: mcsheltie
  Mouth Breathing mcsheltie 31 1,067 11-15-2016 08:25 PM
Last Post: chill
  Not mouth breathing but air leaking between lips Roy289 20 684 11-11-2016 07:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Chinstrap doesn't prevent mouth breathing, how to solve? Snurkel 21 2,102 10-03-2016 05:03 PM
Last Post: Roy289