Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cheyne Stokes Event - Need Input
Question 
Cheyne Stokes Event - Need Input

Hello.  I have mixed apnea and have been doing very well with my CPAP for four years now.    But this morning I was surprised and concerned when I discovered an 18 min Cheyne Stokes event.   My API wasn't too bad though at 2.15.  Had no idea this was happening.  Dr.  Google scared me to death so I checked the threads here and feel somewhat better about it.     

Can anyone tell me at what point I should call the doctor?   And what doctor?  My pulmonologist,  neurologist, or cardiologist?   I hate starting with one doctor only to schlepped off to another one.   Takes forever to get answers that way.

I have so many other health issues I'm dealing with right now but should I be worried about this 1st time event?  Or should I just chill - for awhile anyhow.

Thank you! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cheyenne Stokes Event - Need Input
No you don't. you don't have any CA events associated with it. ResMed has (not so) wisely decided to incorrectly call ALL Periodic Breathing CSR.

It is called Cheyne (not Cheyenne) Stokes Breathing. Did the Spellchecker get you?

Organize our charts to include
Events
Flow Rate
Pressure
Flow Limits
Leaks

On the left sidebar please no calendar or pie-chart, the 'hide' important stats and settings.

Also Post, in addition to the full night, a 10 minute zoom of the PBR and also a 3 Minute view of the PBR for evaluation.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cheyne Stokes Event - Need Input
Thank you Gideon.  that is encouraging.  Smile   Sorry about the screen shot and spelling error - can't even blame it on spellcheck this time.  My old lady brain/tech skills leave much to be desired.   LOL. 

I'm using Oscar's report so are you saying that my ResMed machine is feeding it the wrong info?   Normally my report shows a mix of CA and Obstructive.   Sometimes one or the other or both.

PS. I just checked my ResMed App (which I don't normally read) and it just says I had 2.5 events - doesn't say what kind. Got a score of 100. Totally confusing.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed throws an incorrectly named flag on CSR. That's really all it's about on this one.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR accurately reports what the machine says. You had no CA events during the "CSR" time period
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How bad is this really? CSA & Cheyne Stokes Little Olive 7 251 03-12-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 186 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 402 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 825 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 295 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 332 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 404 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.