Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cheyne Stokes Respiration ?
RE: Cheyne Stokes Respiration ?
Mal777 Wrote:Thanks but I Sleeprider suggested aircurve10 v auto which I’m pretty sure as the Aircurve 10 ASV in Aus.

No, the Aircurve 10 VAuto is equivalent to the Lumis. The CS Pacewave is equivalent to the ASV.

Quote:Yep I’m the same with stilnox. Can’t sleep at all without it Good to know it may be ok if using CPAP ?

I think that so long as your apnea is reasonably well controlled then Stilnox is OK. Of course the official line is that you shouldn't take it, and if you do you should only take it for short periods. However I doubt the officials have ever experienced crippling insomnia.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll second or third Deepbreathing on the machine type. The Vauto is a bilevel that automatically adjusts pressure, but has a fixed pressure support and no backup rate. If periodic breathing or CSR was a regular feature of your therapy then ASV or the CS Pacewave would target the minute ventilation and use adaptive pressure support to even out the flow and to cause a breath when spontaneous effort is not present. You don't appear to suffer from central apnea, and I think once you resolve the basic flow limitation and make spontaneous respiration easier, you will be all set.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get the CSR/periodic breathing every few days, and last night had 1.86 CA's. With my breathing issues it appears the Aircurve CS Pacewave ASV is definitely the way to go then
As I mentioned in a previous post, to get an ASV, I need a script from a sleep physician though, and I cant get into see one for 4 months!! The cpap shop said they may accept a letter from my cardiologist confirming I dont have HF and I have a preserved EF, and that he support me using ASV. I see him today so will ask

thanks again for the excellent advice
Mal
Post Reply Post Reply
Mal777 Wrote:As I mentioned in a previous post, to get an ASV, I need a script from a sleep physician though, and I cant get into see one for 4 months!!

May I ask which shop that is, Mal? Legally you don't need a prescription, and it may just be a case of the shop playing CYA. I've been looking around and noticed that City Cpap in Melbourne have a CS Pacewave with 5 year warranty available online for $3490. In my opinion that is a better deal than importing a machine from the US once you take exchange rates, postage, customs fees and potential warranty issues into account.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was told this by CPAP direct Bundall also Cpap in mermaid beach 
CPAP direct will take my Airsense 10 as trade in so I’ll probably go there
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting...

I'm not pushing a barrow for City Cpap in Melbourne, but they have the best price on a CS Pacewave I've seen recently, about $500 lower than CPAP Direct. If nothing else you should use that information to get a lower price (or better trade-in).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I’ll do that
Post Reply Post Reply
They are $3890 now unfortunately. Must have put their price up
Post Reply Post Reply
It's still showing as $3,490 on their website, on sale. If they're quoting a different number on the phone the ACCC would like to know. I'll send you a PM.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2019, 09:05 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'll second or third Deepbreathing on the machine type.  The Vauto is a bilevel that automatically adjusts pressure, but has a fixed pressure support and no backup rate.  If periodic breathing or CSR was a regular feature of your therapy then ASV or the CS Pacewave would target the minute ventilation and use adaptive pressure support to even out the flow and to cause a breath when spontaneous effort is not present.  You don't appear to suffer from central apnea, and I think once you resolve the basic flow limitation and make spontaneous respiration easier, you will be all set.

Hi Sleeprider

I wondered if you'd mind looking over my previous screenshots again (particularly the 3 zoomed in ones)and give me your opinion on whether I'd be better off with  the  Bilevel S mode (Vauto, but called Lumis 100  Vpap S in australia) or the Lumis 150 Vpap ST.

Due to my cardiac issues (some A fib, pacemaker, moderate to severe dilated aorta etc) I'd be happy to not go ASV even though my EF is 63%

thanks again
Mal
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 4 260 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Diagnosis] Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA Keymom0122 2 88 04-08-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Keymom0122
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 4 245 03-31-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 863 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 334 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 355 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Respiration Rate wickedsleepy 11 582 02-08-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.