Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cheyne-Stokes Respiration
Cheyne-Stokes Respiration
First time this appeared in my event report ... can you shed any light on what it means?

I had a bunch of events during this period.
F30 facemask
usually  I have 0.0 to 0.3 events per night so this one at 1.3  I consider high.

screen save attached
thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cheyne-Stokes Respiration
also.. I pulled the tubing and the machine fell off the night stand.. put it back up and didn't turn it on for a while .. but since I wasn't able to breathe, I figured out the machine was off and turned it back on ... so overall, not a good night.
Resmed Airsense 11/Resmed N20 memory foam mask,cervical collar, MyAir software, OSCAR for data analysis
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi cberistain, sorry to hear it wasn’t a good night… I was wondering if you’d mind expanding the data showing csr and posting that screen data from OSCAR please..?
Also, I am hoping your device is ok having fallen down…a few nights’ data would be worth checking and comparing to prior nights (although this doesn’t always demonstrate if there’s any internal damage - sometimes additional noise/loss of calibration, etc, can be further indicators).
Post Reply Post Reply
>> I was wondering if you’d mind expanding the data showing csr and posting that screen data from OSCAR please..?>>

here is it... 
I think the machine is OK .. soft carpeting  and those machines are tough.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Seeing the periodic breathing is so localized to this time frame, I would speculate that you were chin-tucking, or at least in a sleeping position that was restricting your airway.  
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it could be due to sleep position, as it seems to be a localised and isolated timeframe of events.
Glad to hear your machine is working ok. Sometimes dropping them can affect the calibration of sensors (usually the pump and control boards are well secured and not usually damaged in a drop), however this can be checked with a simple manometer and putting the machine in CPAP mode without ramp or EPR, which can show if there are discrepancies in what the machine thinks it’s delivering and actual pressure shown on the manometer Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting settings with 9.0 minimum, 9.4 maximum pressure and EPR 3. How about setting the maximum pressure to 12.0? That at least gives you a 3-cm range of pressure and might knock off the obstructive events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
To add to Peach25's recommendation, you can use the Mask Fit option to test the pressure.  The CPAP will use the maximum pressure set without the use of any EPR.  Additionally, using this option will not count toward hours in therapy.

To make a very inexpensive manometer, get a container and fill it with water to at least 6" (15.24 cm) or more in depth.  Place the mask end of the hose, without the mask, to where it is touching the container's bottom.  Turn on the CPAP and s-l-o-w-l-y retract the hose from the container.  When you start to see bubbles, note or mark (Magic Marker) the hose's position at the water's top surface.  Turn off the CPAP and now measure from the reference point to the hose's end.  This measured length is the pressure that it is using and should be 9.4 cm, if totally accurate. Note: There are allowable tolerances to this measurement, but it still should be close.

Since you're in the States, having a metric ruler is probably very slim.  So, based off your screenshot showing a maximum pressure of 9.4 cm/H2O, the length would be a smidgen over 3-11/16.  (9.4/2.54=3.70")  For reference, the decimal equivalent of 3-11/16" is 3.6875" and 3-3/4" is 3.75".

Good luck.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
That’s a lovely manometer @Crimson Nape, I’ll be using that one in future myself! Thank you very much Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
cervical collar was in the wash that evening so I didn't wear one ... most likely the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 4 265 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Diagnosis] Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA Keymom0122 2 93 04-08-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Keymom0122
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 4 252 03-31-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 867 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 338 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 358 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Respiration Rate wickedsleepy 11 586 02-08-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.