Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cheyne Stokes Respiration & CA's ?
Cheyne Stokes Respiration & CA's ?
1st posted other post that I may have been Hitch hiking ? so starting as fresh Thread presume that is the correct intention ? 
So have a go Post Screen Dump of more recently giving  Sleep AHI with randomly CSR and Rising AHI with concern of raising CA AHI  never worried to much as long overall AHI under 5 but at time may shoot up into high single at times low double figures ?? 

I am bit casual about it as with 40 years shift work, sleep middle day with No AC, as to me if tired enough will sleep ha, ha but do have to admit prior to machine and only is last few year have air condition put just more so to go with the time.

But query re my CA are they Clear Airways or Centrals or also Junk sleep amongst this ? to wards end last 2hrs ?? 

•  8/6   2.64%  21min
  •  6/6 11.02%  23min + 21 min + 18 min total =62min  ?
  •  4/6   2.45%  15min
  •  2/6   3.77%  18min
  •  1/6   3.03%  14min
  • 31/5  9.11%   23min
  • 29/5 24.13%  19min+15min+16min+24min+25min+20min+16min= 110min ??

Yet I have recently turning down my Max Pressure previous so the Max is not OPEN ended have slowly counted down then maximum pressure Open to the 95% around 11 and kept reducing max pressure in effort to reduce CA  but that has been climbing and But obstructive and hypopnea not Rising presently, have maximum press to Max low 6cm, so not because getting good at side sleep and or also holding Tongue near automatically top roof mouth and back of 2 front teeth ? 

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=32793]   

Last Night AHI 1.94 which included CA that got also down 1.25 but do notice thinking the do longer 90min walks have better sleeps and obviously much lower CA than the days lazy around, but also wondering if that is Junk Sleep

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=32794]   
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=32792]   
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cheyne Stokes Respiration & CA's ?
1st the label of CSR is what ResMed calls all periodic breathing. I very strongly doubt that is what you are having.

To identify what is happening we need to see both 10 minute expanded segments of the events in question and 3 minute segments to view breath detail.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gideon thanks for the extra quick reply, am bit uncertain but hoping I have posted for what you asking for ?  

Post Reply Post Reply
Edit Just note did actually also get randomly on my older machine " Philips Respironics System One " so not sure if that is relevant
Post Reply Post Reply
2 observations unrelated to your csr question.

your leaks are high.

assuming you've been papping since at least late 2015, one wonders if your current machine is adequately treating you, given the high frequency of central apnea at low pressure settings.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
And note the consistently inconsistent attribute on these CA. One night there's a high count, then the next chart they're not. Leaks may be a problem, as Max leak was at 18 on the ResMed. You're only 6 away from the ResMed leak redline.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hm ok then Dave, but does then confuses my obvious Ignorance as, I have had it in my head in a endeavor to hit a Sweet Spot playing low AHI with pressure and purposely reducing's the Max pressure thinking that the higher increased pressure may be contributing towards CPAP high pressure induced CA's ?? from to much 02  ??? 

So  then is it a issue that I may only have enough knowledge on "APAP" to be Dangerous! opp's  

The question is  do I actually have my Mask pressure settings correctly, noting I do not seam ability to do a screen shot of Mask pressure settings? Have just checked Preference / CAPA Tab but unable to Edit changes as locked "is that normal for Resmed" ? I know in past have previously altered settings "Un Educated" but may with previous Respironics Machine ?  possibly may be with Resmed machine is locked in "Child Safe Proof " ha, ha   But then also not 100% sure what to Change settings to to anyway ?? 

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2021, 02:22 PM)sheepless Wrote: 2 observations unrelated to your csr question.

your leaks are high.

assuming you've been papping since at least late 2015, one wonders if your current machine is adequately treating you, given the high frequency of central apnea at low pressure settings.

Hi sheepless yes APAP since 2015 is correct but I also mostly bit casual not to concern chasing perfect ZERO ? as mostly under 5AHI, often travelling around the 3AHI and also then counting most the CA's towards Junk Sleep as often quit bit CA's in last 2hrs sleep ? again my thought's just trying for more extra sleep in, when should get my lazy backside out of bed ?  and as if is under 5 all good considered treated? My general thoughts as was getting a average AHI between possibly Say rough each roughly 1/3 % of AHI and then the occasional CA Randomly in high 6-13 AHI and may get string of such nights, and if not walking or to much Blue screen time Computer or TV ?? 
  • Obstruct  1.5 
  • Hypo       1.0
  • CA          1.5
But then every periods Random high CA up round 6AHI but more recent in high single numbers and occasionally low double numbers. 

So Not sure if related as 10 years ago while for minor surgery was Identified diagnosed with paroxysmal A-fib and I mostly without mostly unawareness Symptoms, and actual Identify if such as say time Fatigue, Lazy , Unmotivated as may just be just me "ha, ha"  or side effects of  conservative treatment Arrhythmia medication and and additional to increase and or supplement low Magnesium / Vitaman C
Post Reply Post Reply
Have found and Hospital sleep Study from over a year ago at start of 2020 

SLEEP PARAMETERS
Sleep onset: 9.5 minutes
Latency to REM sleep: 70.5 minutes
Slow wave sleep proportion: 10.4%

REM sleep proportion: 23.0%                                                                                       
Sleep efficiency: 76.4%                                                                                                   
EEG arousal index: 25.9     *most often associated with respiratory events                                                                                              

RESPIRATORY PARAMETERS
Obstructive apnea events: 14 (Average duration 25 sec’s)                                             
Hypopnea events: 108 (average duration 27sec-longest duration 59sec)
Mixed apnea events: 2
Central events: 3     

The Overall AHI: 19.5,                                                                                                    
Supine AHI: 20.8,
Supine REM AHI: 25.5,                                                                                           
REM AHI: 20.7                                                                                                                                                         
Total time Supine sleep: 170Min with 47min Supine REM “Soft to Loud audible snoring” 

Mean awake SaO2 :97%                  
Nadir SaO2 :90%
Limb Movements :Nil                                                                                              
Average heart rate :43bpm     

Conclusion: Moderately serve obstructive sleep apnea with sleep fragmentation but only mild associated hypoxaemia.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 1 91 Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  How bad is this really? CSA & Cheyne Stokes Little Olive 7 243 03-12-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 177 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 820 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 292 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 329 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Respiration Rate wickedsleepy 11 501 02-08-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.