Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Constant low level leaks with EERS device. Anyone else?
Constant low level leaks with EERS device. Anyone else?
Hi all,

Does anyone else that has made an EERS device have constant low-level leaking throughout the night? Other nights I don't have the leaking, but when I first started using EERS it started. 

I used a Respironics Whisper Swivel II which I think might be causing the problem. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what did you do to remedy it? 

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Constant low level leaks with EERS device. Anyone else?
I made a EERS device and use the Respironics Whisper Swivel II. I do not have constant leaking. Here is my leak rate graph from last night:

Leak rate is slow partly because I shaved recently. The longer I wait between shaving, the higher the leak rate will be.  Wink  But it never is what I would call constant.

I use a F30 full-face mask. When I use a pillows or nasal mask, I usually see a constant, low-level leak, whether I am using EERS or not.

When you added the Whisper Swivel II to the circuit, did you block the vent holes on your mask? If not, that might register as a constant leak (and would probably negate the effect of the EERS).
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm too guessing that's the mask vents still venting.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, guys! I believe that was the issue. I was just using tape to cover the vents and instead bought some silicone putty. I tried it for 20 mins and it seems to be working. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 280 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 81 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,003 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 159 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.