Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just found out I have Severe OSA
RE: Just found out I have Severe OSA
"Hmmm....I tried this today and it didn't work for me. When I run Mask Fit without a mask it just turns off after a few seconds. What's the secret? Maybe it's because I have a different machine?'

That is disappointing to hear.

Two things: you do have Smart Start set to Off? Just checking: I do note the most recent charts you posted have this listed as Off, it may be worth just checking the settings on the machine.

(As an aside there are some recent posts where some members feel their machine switches of at night for no rhyme or reason: related? anyone have any ideas?)

Instead of using Mask Fit you could just run it normally, i.e. press the start button and see what happens.

If that doesn't do the trick then maybe it is a software feature.

Both my AutoSet For Her and my Vauto can run for 45 minutes with nothing connected to the hose when I press Mask Fit.

Ideas from other members? nothing nice than a dry hose and mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just another thought: You are letting the machine cool down first?

And you have removed the SD card?

Perhaps if the machine is still in that first 1/2 hour of cool down mode and the SD card is in it thinks/functions differently?

By the time I have washed the hose etc the machine has already cooled down. I always first remove the SD card when I dry out the hose because I don't want any spurious data written the card erroneously.

Could you try that please and let us know what happens?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've only had my machine for 2 weeks so it's pretty new. I did take out the SD card that morning and the machine had cooled down (it was ~1.5 hrs after I had woken up).

Something just came to me. I didn't have the humidifier water chamber in the machine. (I had washed it and it was drying on a towel.) Should I have stuck it (albeit empty) back in the machine? Maybe that was what gave the warning with frowny face and what triggered the shut off?
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok good point, never considered that.

I usually remove the humidifier water chamber and place the side cover plate in place during the day.

Just tried it right now with the side cover off (no water chamber): hit the Mask Fit button and it stops and gives an Error: High leak rate detected. It could be your problem!

So yes try it again with the water chamber in place. Perhaps the circuitry wants to see the water chamber in place!
Post Reply Post Reply
I woke up this morning to good news and bad news. Good news is that last night my AHI was 0.00!

Bad news is that even with the lansinoh (which was working SO well), the red/sore abrasions under my nose are back. I don't know if it was due to high pressure or the position of the nasal pillows. I am wondering if I should buy a diffrent type of mask to alternate? I've been loving the nasal pillows but the sores are a real bummer. Any advice? If others do this, what's a good back up mask to try? My friend swears by the Resmed AirTouch F20 Cushion, and I've also heard good things about the AirFit N20 and N30i. I would want something that doesn't touch that sensitive underside area.

Severe, thanks for testing that out for me! I'll try your method again.
Post Reply Post Reply
0.00 -- wow! About the sore spot. I wonder whether you'd do better with either a larger or a smaller size of pillow in your P10. That might be worth trying before you try other masks. But if that doesn't help, by all means experiment with different masks until you find one that really works for you.

Oh, and I wonder whether covering the sensitive area with a gentle medical tape might work. Somehow I think it wouldn't, but it might be worth an experiment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Dormeo. I did move from a small to a medium nasal pillow the first time it happened, and it seemed to help along with the lansinoh. I was cruising along for days without incident. That's why I was really surprised to have the sores appear again this morning. I wondered about trying medical tape too, but the thought of pulling them off feels painful right now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad cause severe brain fog and unbearable headaches use cpap jiyun 1 112 04-09-2024, 08:26 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Diagnosis] Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA Keymom0122 2 93 04-08-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Keymom0122
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 758 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  AHI of 10 but severe symptoms? gohoos1998 8 511 01-26-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Sad [CPAP] 33 Years Old with Severe Sleep Apnea (Oscar Chart) amfar33 4 535 12-19-2023, 12:34 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
Money [Diagnosis] Severe Sleep Apnea - Titration Test Completed Apnea45 42 2,860 12-09-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Apnea45
  Can Mild OSA (AHI of 9) + Severe PLMD be Responsible for severe symptoms? gohoos1998 14 921 11-18-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: gohoos1998

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.