Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unexpected side effect...
RE: Unexpected side effect...
I have tried a dozen masks. From time to time my favorite mask, becomes my least favorite. Same face but things change. Nasal congestion, pressure requirements are two things that come to mind.
There is no such thing as the perfect mask for me all the time. How can I possibly tell anyone else what will work for them. At best conversation about what else to try.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suffered for while with my FF, the Quattro Air, until I discovered mask liners... google "cpap mask liners" and you'll come up with several kinds, and there's even a pattern online for a template to use in making your own - jersey seems to work best for a lot of people. Liners help people in different ways; they can tame leaks, protect your face, keep oily skin from wrecking the seal, etc. I now use AirFit F10, but since it uses the same cushion as the Air, the same problems cropup, it seems, and I'm still using liners. They were a game changer for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had huge problems with leaking with the mirage quattro mask because my pressure is quite high - 24-20 cm h2o and I too had to crank it down too tight to get a good seal. I recently started using mask liners and that helped a lot and I switched masks to the airfit F10 which helped even more. So now that I have the f10 and the liners I don't leak too badly though I need to verify that with sleepyhead still - haven't gotten my SD card back yet from the doc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Possible allergy to the plastics in the mask?
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2014, 09:18 PM)BenHur Wrote: [Snip} haven't gotten my SD card back yet from the doc.

Go out and buy another SD card - it does not have to be a ResMed one then you can get your data and use the other one when it is returned to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2014, 07:41 AM)Skypilot Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 09:18 PM)BenHur Wrote: [Snip} haven't gotten my SD card back yet from the doc.

Go out and buy another SD card - it does not have to be a ResMed one then you can get your data and use the other one when it is returned to you.

Last year I bought for around $12 at Walmart a package of two full size SD cards, 2GB capacity each. All ResMed S9 machines can use both 1GB or 2GB cards.

Do not buy an adapter plus miniature physical size SD card, because these will be flimsy, easily damaged and will not hold up as long.

Also, no benefit to buy High Density SD cards like 4GB or higher. In fact, I think some of the older S9 machines can only use cards with 2GB capacity or less.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Droosk, I had symptoms similar to yours especially when I used FFM. Try experimenting with nasal pillows. If there is any way you can get them to work, your problems will be greatly lessened simply because there is so much less contact area.

I have also learned there is a compromise/tradeoff when balancing tightness and leaks. With nasal pillows you don't get such annoying noises, but mine still leaks a bit. If it tighten to completely get rid of leaks, I get very sore.

As to pimples/whiteheads, I think this is from type of contamination. I had that problem. I bought several extra nasal pillows so I can rotate them. I wear a fresh one every night. I soak them in hot water with regular dish soap and rinse/dry thoroughly. One time I noticed that the water in my tank had gotten slimey. I was thinking that fresh distilled water would not require cleaning but I was wrong. Rinse out the tank, and flush you hose with the same water you clean your mask with. All that took care of my irritation problems. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 400 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 437 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 256 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 395 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  would it matter if you ran a cpap (without humidifier) on its side?on its side snorin2 8 628 11-19-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.