Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chin Strap
RE: Chin Strap
(01-17-2013, 07:45 PM)Remo Wrote: Yeah, I was afraid that was the answer.

Thanks

Is it the REM Star Plus? After removing the water tank so it doesn't spill, find the model number on the bottom.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2013, 08:46 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If you just got the machine, take it back and demand a data capable one.

I've now had it over 30 days, it was prescribeb by my DR and paid for by my insurance.

I doubt exchanging it is an option at this point. I will know better when it comes time to replace it down the road.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, never hurts to ask! Or demand.

Was it paid for or is it being rented?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2013, 02:23 PM)Remo Wrote: I've now had it over 30 days, it was prescribeb by my DR and paid for by my insurance.

I doubt exchanging it is an option at this point. I will know better when it comes time to replace it down the road.
what the prescription say ... I doubt the prescription specify PRS1 Plus machine
more likely the doc is not aware of different types of machines and the lousy greedy DME going to flog the cheapest option available so they can make the most profit

talk to your sleep doc to write you another prescription to specify the exact machine you want and dispense as written so that lousy DME again don,t flog something else

your insurance don,t care about types of machine or if your apnea been treated or not
they only care about compliance that you,re using machine 4 hours per night 70% of the time and and pay the same amount for a brick or auto data capable machine but your doc has to specify the thee machine and write dispense as written

when you go for the followup with your sleep doc, the doc got nothing to see how the therapy working for you other than how do you feel and how many hours using the machine each night

you don,t want to be stuck with this machine for the next 5 years
some folk end up buying data capable machine out of pocket

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2013, 09:30 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Is it the REM Star Plus? After removing the water tank so it doesn't spill, find the model number on the bottom.

It says "REMstar Plus C Flex"

(01-18-2013, 03:27 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Hey, never hurts to ask! Or demand.

Was it paid for or is it being rented?

Now that you mention it... it is on a "rent to own" plan of some sort.

...The gears are now turning.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2013, 04:27 PM)zonk Wrote: what the prescription say ... I doubt the prescription specify PRS1 Plus machine

My pulminary Dr is very meticulus. (a RT once told me a story of how my Dr called in one patient who he saw smoking at a local mall after telling Dr he had quit smoking.) The sleep clinic is part of his practice.

I was told by the DME that this was the only model my Dr precribes for all his patients. But, since it is a rental, if I have a chat with my Dr I'd bet he would go along with it!
Post Reply Post Reply
If it is a rental, then yes, they will exchange it. They get paid the same amount no matter what the machine. All CPAP and APAP have the same insurance code. They want to sell you a dumb machine because their profit margin is higher.

Tell your doc you want to take charge of your health. You can't do it without the data. He may not be in favor of autoPAPs, a lot of older docs aren't unless they've kept up with the improvements to the machines. But he should be in favor of data capable CPAPs. If he likes autoPAPs, get one of those. You can run it in both CPAP mode and auto mode, depending on your preferences.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 5 598 03-08-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 369 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,112 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 502 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,543 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Chin Tucking as cause of apnea ejbpesca 111 6,178 02-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.