Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Someone school me about the ResMed climateline
Someone school me about the ResMed climateline
I'm thinking about getting a climateline to replace my slimline. Are they worth the extra bucks? Are they more comfortable?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Someone school me about the ResMed climateline
Hi Regular Joe,
The climate line hose is a heated hose to keep you from having problems with rainout, (too much humidity in the hose.) I have one and think it is worth the extra bucks. However, if you didn't want to spend those extra bucks, you could cut the toes out of some old socks and sew them together and make a hose wrap to use with your slimline to prevent rainout.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a problem with rainout, then yes, it is well worth the money. Since using one, I've not had a problem since. If you don't have a problem with rainout, then don't bother. Some people say it warms up the air, too, but I've never noticed a difference.

They are a little heavier than the regular hose so if you have a light weight mask that is easily moved by the hose, then you may not want it.

Trish's idea of the socks is a good one.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2013, 08:59 PM)Regular Joe Wrote: I'm thinking about getting a climateline to replace my slimline. Are they worth the extra bucks? Are they more comfortable?

Too many variables to give a good answer.

My S9 Autoset came with a slimline and a climateline hose. I have never even taken the climateline out of the packaging. But I don't have a problem with rainout, and I seem personally able to tolerate the machine without the climateline.

In addition to personal tolerances, a lot depends on your geography. I live in an area where the humidity in the air runs from 40% (dead summer) to 90% (dead winter), with an average of about 55%.

I say, if you have no problems now with the slimline, save your money. But if you think it might make your therapy more effective, the climateline doesn't cost a huge amount and may be worth it to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2013, 09:08 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Regular Joe,
The climate line hose is a heated hose to keep you from having problems with rainout, (too much humidity in the hose.) I have one and think it is worth the extra bucks. However, if you didn't want to spend those extra bucks, you could cut the toes out of some old socks and sew them together and make a hose wrap to use with your slimline to prevent rainout.
Best of luck to you.

After I experienced rainout I sought a better way.
But now that I have a ClimateLine I get radio interference and it cheeses my wife off big time. And - there's just no arguing with her. She's declared her well being trumps mine. I can mail mine to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2013, 08:59 PM)Regular Joe Wrote: I'm thinking about getting a climateline to replace my slimline. Are they worth the extra bucks? Are they more comfortable?
everyone is different. I find the climateline more comfortable
not just protect against rainout on auto mode also set and forget
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 392 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  ClimateLine tubing Palmtrees 20 2,134 11-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Airsense 11 and climateline o2 Teeleidor 5 581 09-26-2023, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Constantly Rainout with Climateline all of a sudden, help? tierdal 6 812 09-21-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  hose climateline vibrating koy23 1 521 12-14-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Climateline heated hose - broken or bad connection Wondering2 0 989 12-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Wondering2
  Resmed Climateline tubing smell wenfroed 21 7,779 10-08-2022, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.