Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chin straps?
Chin straps?
Are those chin strap things at all useful?

I am going on a trip and am loathe to bring my big, bulky cpap or spend money on a travel cpap. My biggest issue is my chin falling back and my airway narrowing. I'll be gone for 7 days.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chin straps?
Hi Nonsleeper. The chinstraps are used to help keep your mouth closed when using nasal mask or pillows. It stops you opening your mouth and letting the pressure escape via a mouth leak. I don't know of any chin straps which are a therapy in their own right - they are used as an adjunct for CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2015, 01:22 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Hi Nonsleeper. The chinstraps are used to help keep your mouth closed when using nasal mask or pillows. It stops you opening your mouth and letting the pressure escape via a mouth leak. I don't know of any chin straps which are a therapy in their own right - they are used as an adjunct for CPAP.

Ah, thank you for that information. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I have seen a chinstrap that claims to be an anti snoring chinstrap. I dont think I would trust my apnea to it alone, but it might help to keep the chin forward.... look for "stopsnoringrx"

[Image: Chin-strap-300x230.jpg]
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2015, 01:43 PM)DariaVader Wrote: I have seen a chinstrap that claims to be an anti snoring chinstrap. I dont think I would trust my apnea to it alone, but it might help to keep the chin forward.... look for "stopsnoringrx"

That looks like it would pull the chin back, not forwards. I certainly wouldn't trust it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually bought one of those.

The first thing I noticed is no how, no way could I put the thing on. Pic's lie. I emailed the guy and asked about it and he said maybe I could find some velcro extenders. I did that. Then I tried actually wearing it. That lasted just about as long as it took to rip it back off and poke it in the trash can.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 5 596 03-08-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,104 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Chin Tucking as cause of apnea ejbpesca 111 6,171 02-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 409 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  P10 straps slipping acordeon 1 299 01-17-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.