Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chin strap?
Chin strap?
I have a full face mask that I mostly use. I also have a hybrid and a nasal mask. I really want to use the nasal mask but when I sleep I don't breathe through my mouth but apparently I don't keep my mouth completely shut either...and you know what happens then. I tried it the other night and was sleeping really good until I woke up with that whoosh of air coming out my mouth. 
Can any of you recommend a good chin strap to help keep the mouth closed because I really want to get away from the full face mask if I can.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Chin strap?
The Knightsbridge chin strap cap is what I would recommend.  I used one of those neoprene ones on Amazon and it did not do the job as well as create pain in the jaw area due to the way the chin/jaw is pushed in an irregular manner.

Google search and you'll see a lot of information on this cap.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can find the Knightsbridge chin strap at Supplier #37.

Some folk also use a soft cervical collar to help keep their mouth/jaw from opening.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
http://www.ApneaBoard.com

OSCAR Chart Organization
OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a soft cervical collar, and I also mouth tape when I use nasal pillows. Between the two, that mostly works. I have tried a variety of chinstraps aside from the Knightsbridge, but I've been meaning to give it a go.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to fix the glider strap on a Flexifit 431/432 mask? EnsignRo 4 110 01-07-2022, 04:08 PM
Last Post: EnsignRo
  N30 Headgear Strap Broken silversnore 2 221 12-07-2021, 01:44 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Chin Strap and Nasal Pillows mcman56 7 374 11-15-2021, 11:00 AM
  Mask Strap Maintenance Jeremy H 7 282 11-08-2021, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Mouth breathers/me too/harm/special tape/causes/correct/mitigate-no chin strap 2SleepBetta 2 620 11-07-2021, 10:24 AM
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 36 1,309 10-13-2021, 12:26 PM
Last Post: ABQuilter
  [Symptoms] Strap causes folliculitis sores fotoguy4u 7 8,078 07-23-2021, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Alabama1951

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.