Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chin strap for F20
Chin strap for F20
Hi, I'm getting leaks using the Airtouch F20 full face mask. It was recommended (on this board) to use a soft cervical collar or chin strap. The soft cervical collar hasn't helped, so I had my Dr request a chin strap from my DME.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on what type of chin strap I should use with the F20?

Below is a link to what is available Commercial Link Removed, instead search Apria for chinstraps.

Thanks in advance!

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chin strap for F20
Can you post a shot of your data while your wearing the full face mask? A chinstrap may not be the answer. The chin can relax and some times cause leaking at the bottom of the mask. But if you were wearing a cervical collar I don't think that was the cause. More likely the mask isn't fitted properly or it's just not the right mask for you. Check out mask primer. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Walla Walla,

Here is my post from yesterday which has the screenshot posted.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...mmendation

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
That chart I believe is with you wearing nasal pillows.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the F20 for about 1 month, where do you see that I am using pillows ? I'm asking because I thought I changed the setting when I changed the mask last month

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to update your profile. It shows you using Airfit P10. Go to the top of the page and go to USER CP.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
D'OH!

Thanks, updated the mask in my profile, along with my current pressure settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed that cervical collars and chin straps totally with leaks. They can only help to a certain extend. Useful for keeping your chin up and your mouth from opening up.

On the Airtouch, I find that it will leak less with a tighter fit. My leak rate can be as low as 8-9 on 95% on good days and more than 100 on bad days when I knock it about during sleep and the magnetic straps came off. Usually the latter happens if I don't tighten the straps enough. I find a slightly tighter fit will have less leaks... but it shouldn't be too tight. I will still find the straps marks on my face when I wake up.

25.2 is not a total disaster for leak rate. May need some adjustments to the straps or change mask size I feel.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 5 596 03-08-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,106 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 497 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,539 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Chin Tucking as cause of apnea ejbpesca 111 6,172 02-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.