Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can someone provide insight?
RE: Can someone provide insight?
Change your pressure to 7, this will help a bit.

Flow limitations are like partial breaths, if you are having lots of them then they can disturb your sleep. Increasing the pressure sometimes helps but not always. What does help is a larger pressure difference between inhalation and exhalation pressures. On your current machine the only way to do this is with EPR which is correctly set to 3 which means the exhalation pressure is 3 cm less then inhalation pressure. One thing to note is that minimum pressure cannot go below 4 cm which is why a pressure of 7 will help since it allows for the full 3 cm drop whereas when you run at a pressure of 6 cm you are only getting 2 cm of relief.

The only thing you can try on your current machine is higher pressure which you don't seem to like, the only other option is to get a machine that is capable of a larger pressure difference. That would be a bilevel machine such as Resmed Aircurve Vauto. The only way to get a bilevel machine is by prescription through your doctor or by buying used. To go through your doctor you would want to ask him to review your data specifically looking at flow limitations. You will need a decent doctor in order to convince them to go to bilevel though as not all believe in treating flow limitations with bilevel. The other thing that may support that your breathing is restricted is that your tidal volume and minute ventilation are on the low side, this is either because of restriction or because you are of smaller size (like around or under 120 lbs).

If you post a few 2 min duration screen shots showing breathing when the machine is not scoring flow limitation then that will help understand if breathing is being restricted but just not being scored as such. Sometimes breaths look flattened and the machine doesn't score those as flow limitations.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will change the pressure to 7.  I fluctuate between 112-115 pounds.  I’ll snap some pics tomorrow.  I really appreciate your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your ventilation numbers aren't bad then.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Looking for Oscar data insight SleepyJeff 4 220 03-09-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: SleepyJeff
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 653 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
Video [Treatment] Looking for Insight on my CPAP data scarcityj 6 422 01-16-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: scarcityj
  Wanting additional insight on what might be causing me to be so tired relia 4 675 09-27-2023, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New User - Seeking some insight RER9372 4 698 06-16-2023, 03:04 PM
Last Post: RER9372
  Looking for some insight and help with data ruckusmaroon 5 484 02-22-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New APAP/Forum user looking for some insight! Austin7756 2 835 08-07-2022, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Austin7756

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.