Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chin strap for someone with a BIG head?
Chin strap for someone with a BIG head?
I bought a chin strap today on amazon but its way too tight. It looks like all of them are that I've looked at. By chance do any of you know if there is a chin strap for someone with a big head?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chin strap for someone with a BIG head?
The Knightsbridge dual band is available in XL size for those of us who are cranially gifted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you used it. Is it effective?
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought one and it fits, but I have yet to use it. Sticking with my F&P Vitera full face mask for the foreseeable future. I can’t find a nasal or pillows mask that doesn’t put push inward on my nose (because my head is giant). If it pushes in even a little, it collapses my nostrils (deviated septum).

I look like an astronaut with the Knightsbridge thing on. Will defer to others for its effectiveness, it seems to have a good reputation.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the knightsbridge chin strap underneath my full face mask.  It works completely differently from other chin straps.  I'd call it jaw support.  Every other chin strap I tried pulled my lower jaw backwards, which is the exact problem I'm trying to correct.  This one rests with very little pressure underneath my jaw and pulls upward.  Highly recommend.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 5 595 03-08-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,101 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 496 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,534 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Chin Tucking as cause of apnea ejbpesca 111 6,170 02-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.