Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chin strap: not working. Alternatives?
RE: Chin strap: not working. Alternatives?
As an update; I have now tried the P-R chinstrap and prefer it to the "Ruby". It is, at least for me, very comfortable, easily adjusted and is applied after donning the nasal pillows. After trying 3 different chinstraps I think I've found one that works for me. Oddly my AHI's have decreased too. Now if it will make the house payment and take out the trash. . .
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chin strap: not working. Alternatives?
(01-07-2015, 05:42 AM)Visitor Wrote: The chin strap I'm wearing does not work every night. When it doesn't, I wake up out of breath. I notice as at times I wake up breathing through my mouth.

I'm using the P10 nasal pillows mask.

I would like to continue using nasal pillows.

However, if the chin strap does not work, the effects are quite negative.

What are my alternatives?

Full face mask? (Rather not, but of course, I'll do what it takes to get this sorted)

Different type of chin strap? (I ordered mine from Supplier #2, but the email confirmation I got does not specify what type it is)

The strap is a single piece, that straps over the head with velcro connection.

I would try a nasal mask like FX. I've tried all the masks and the pillow just didn't work. With nasal mask I don't have the mouth breathing issue.

Sometimes a lower pressure might be recommended...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 318 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 5 560 03-08-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 143 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 340 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,028 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 457 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,436 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.