Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 Error "high current fault"
RE: ResMed S9 Error "high current fault"
Nothing that will affect an over current condition. The problem is generally caused by some component failure such as a leaky capacitor or a shorted winding in some inductor or motor. It can also be caused by low voltage since that can cause higher current flow in a motor. That not likely your problem but you could easily rule it out by substituting another power adapter. Your DME supplier could do that for you and likely not charge for it. Other than that, repairing this device by troubleshooting it down to the component level is beyond the ability of common mortals and generally requires manufacturer level expertise and parts.
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually used my adapter on another unit, it works perfect fine. So now I have to deal with main unit. My insurance is not going to cover it, what's my best choice? Thanks for all comments.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does your power brick say it's a 60 Watt or a 90 Watt? You need a 90 Watt.
As for me, I keep a spare power brick.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
You can Google for cpap repair and find some that give free estimates. It may cost more than buying a used one from some source.

Do you have a prescription? If not, you can't buy from any dealer but can from a private party such as a Craiglist advertiser. Other than that, see your doctor about getting a prescription and then you may be able to buy a demo or open box new machines from your local DME dealer. I see them listed locally on FaceBook and in the newspaper occasionally so check those sources for your area.

Good luck, Dude
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 293 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 110 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 134 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,035 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,507 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 120 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 181 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.