Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chirping... my wife says...
Chirping... my wife says...
... my ResMed AirCurve 10 Auto is "chirping" intermittently as of last night. Woke her up (I slept thru it, as I do most everything) when it started, but then it quit.

But it started again a little later, then quit again.

Then she woke me up to tell me about it.

No leaks, water level's fine; MyAir reports 94 score 'cause I shut the AC10 off at 4:30 so my hours - at 6:22 - are a little slack. Still 5.0 events per hour, good mask seal.

Prior nights have been 100's since the 99 on June 1st when events were 7.9. Since then they've ranged from 0.5 to 3.7.

So can/do these AirCurve 10 devices chirp for some reason? What might I do to prevent a recurrence going forward?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chirping... my wife says...
Sleep in a second bed?

It's hard to know what the "chirping" might be. I suspect a very intermittent and small leak that makes a noise when it happens. Take a look at your Oscar results about the time your wife woke you up, and see if see some small leaks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Second bed... yeah, in another room entirely.

We've not quite gotten to that conversation just yet (be 44 years come late Oct.) but it could happen.

She'd complained for years about my snoring, which is what prompted me to get tested for apnea last August.

So the snoring's not the issue anymore, but there's always gonna be something I suppose....

I was thinking maybe head position was making mask seal lift somewhere. Sometimes hose gets pulled off mask tube but that's very obvious & easily corrected.

This chirping thing may need more investigation to pin down then resolve.

My purpose in initiating this thread was to learn whether the AirSense 10 has any kind of alarm function that's kicking in. We'll have to see if something similar happens again tonight.

And thanks for suggesting the OSCAR data. I'm running a new M1 rMBP that has no card reader so getting the data into this Mac will take a little more effort than with my other one, but I have what I need already. Now I'm also motivated!
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a Leak Alert feature on the VAuto.  Check to see if it is enabled.

This from the Clinicians manual:
Enable / disable the Leak Alert feature. When enabled, leaks >40 L/min (0.7 L/s) for >20 sec result in an audible alert and a high leak message is displayed.

If you need a clinicians manual:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah check the alert settings.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll look for that alarm switch  Thanks 

I doubt it was the cause though; in the nearly 8 months I've been using this device it's never done this chirping thing before.

One note: this M1 Apple chip seems to have issues with the latest (1.2.0) version of OSCAR. I haven't been able to import data from the Air Sense 10's SD card by any means so that OSCAR can see it.

No issues before with my Intel-centric rMBP I'd been using before this M1'top arrived six weeks ago. I'll be loading latest data files to that Mac in a bit.

If anyone out there's got OSCAR working on an M1-powered Apple machine I'd like to learn how you managed it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Without using OSCAR, can your M1 system mount and read the SD card directly?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, but I have to use a card reader via USB connection, itself with a USB-a > USB-c adapter interposed.

I can mount the card, see the data and other files on the SD card, copy them to the laptop's storage, even mount the volume on my previous laptop (serving as a, well, server) where I had my older data saved.

But I'm also finding now that loading the AS10's SD card into the SD slot on my server laptop's readable, as before, but OSCAR's not seeing the data there.

I may need to exorcise any OSCAR data on both laptops, reinstall the app from fresh & start anew.

Unless there's something that's changed in the OS iterations these two laptops are running since I started with OSCAR a few months ago.

Meanwhile, My Air gives me a 100 again for last night's 7:26 hours: good seal, 5.2 eph, 1 mask on/off.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the 'chirping' thing, wife's said nothing more about it so I guess it was an anomalous event.

On the M1 OSCAR compatibility? That apparently was 'user error' when I first loaded OSCAR onto my new rMPB. Forgot I had to first set up a 'profile' before OSCAR would present the data off my SD card.

Looking forward to bringing my rMPB along when I visit with my sleep doctor next month. Hoping for gaining some insight into what OSCAR presents me with.

Seems oftentimes it's the simplest things that trip us up first.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 934 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Treatment thread for robbob2112 wife - need help robbob2112 7 500 11-11-2023, 10:06 AM
  [Treatment] ivorpetkov (my wife) - Therapy Thread ivorpetkov 17 1,103 11-09-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: ivorpetkov
  My Wife's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 2 381 10-04-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  Wife tried machine, lots of flow limitations?! YouTakeMyBreathAway 31 2,789 05-07-2023, 11:14 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  Wife's Crazy Sleeping Heart Rate, Ideas? Apnea23 11 1,181 04-14-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: pwnorris
  [Equipment] DME says they sent wrong machine - what’s the right one for my wife’s prescription? narual 5 1,138 10-24-2022, 07:22 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.