Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ChoiceMMed oximeter MD300W314
ChoiceMMed oximeter MD300W314
re: ChoiceMMed oximeter MD300W314

Can anyone tell me if this oximeter model is compatible with Apple and SleepyHead please???

Thanks poppypete
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ChoiceMMed oximeter MD300W314
I believe the MD300W software only runs on Windows and creates a .dat file which almost works with SleepyHead. Unfortunately there is a bug in the currently released version 1.0-beta. The file reading error will be fixed in the next version, which is still some months away. I'm not sure about the prospects of direct import via USB cable, as I don't have one myself to experiment with.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2018, 11:01 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I believe the MD300W software only runs on Windows and creates a .dat file which almost works with SleepyHead. Unfortunately there is a bug in the currently released version 1.0-beta. The file reading error will be fixed in the next version, which is still some months away. I'm not sure about the prospects of direct import via USB cable, as I don't have one myself to experiment with.

Thanks for this information pholynyk...

I'll check out these now: 
Contec CMS50D+, CMS50E, CMS50F and CMS50I serial oximeters.

Cheers...poppypete   Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
re: CMS50F

Can anyone confirm for me that this oximeter is Apple friendly please?

poppypete  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The cmd 50f is a good choice and apple friendly with the correct drivers (can be hard to find check the software forum)
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2018, 08:42 PM)poppypete Wrote: re: ChoiceMMed oximeter MD300W314

Can anyone tell me if this oximeter model is compatible with Apple and SleepyHead please???

Thanks poppypete

My go-to guy for pulse oximeters is Kevin Cooper at vendor #19. I have bought a CMS-50F and a full ResMed/Nonin system from him -- and the customer service was superb as well as his range of knowledge. He has my highest recommendation.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
None of the Contec software runs on Apple computers, but with the right driver from SiLabs SleepyHead can do a direct import from the CMS50F or I, but not the D+ (that will be fixed in the next release).
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2018, 08:49 AM)pholynyk Wrote: None of the Contec software runs on Apple computers, but with the right driver from SiLabs SleepyHead can do a direct import from the CMS50F or I, but not the D+ (that will be fixed in the next release).

Thanks guys...I'll follow through with these two contacts.

Cheers...poppypete  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
A bit of an update, and further question/s:

I've heard from Kevin Cooper and we are communicating with each other:
"The manufacturer did tell me that it uses the same software platform that the MD300W11 units that we sell use.  If that is the case, I would believe that it will be compatible with Sleepyhead but since I have not personally tested this, or have info from anyone that has, I hate to tell you 100% that it will work.  
Thank you,
 Kevin Cooper"

My reply:
"re:  "only compatible with Windows OS”

Thanks for this response.

Raising a couple more questions:
  1. I need an oximeter which is compatible with Apple, or using Wine Bottler or CrossOver as a last resort, will run on my Apple computer.
  2. Is the model which you sell (MD300W11) able to be run on Apple???

Thanks…Peter.
…Ps: what units can you sell me that are compatible with Apple and SleepyHead???"

While awaiting further advice from Supplier #19 I've had some joy using an old Windows which is not internet connected (nor do I want to do that, for security reasons, and past issues)...but I now have the software of both the oximeter and SleepyHead running on it.

This suggests I should be able to have the ChoiceMMed oximeter MD300W314 .dat files and my SleepyHead SD card downloads to sync with each other, once I get my head around the threads I've been seeing in this Forum.

Before I go any further however, I wonder if anyone of you can assist me to be able to change the parameters on these reports, within the program options...as per attachments.

Thanks...poppypete  Oh-jeez

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
phew! Your O² sat looks like mine did before I was given supplemental oxy! Hope you aren't suffering the sleep-deprivation feelings I used to have.

Glad you've gotten the softwares working; sorry you had to resort to Windows versions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 148 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 193 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 156 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 124 19,809 12-28-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.