Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ChoiceMMed oximeter MD300W314
RE: ChoiceMMed oximeter MD300W314
(05-19-2018, 09:42 AM)ShaunBlake Wrote: phew! Your O² sat looks like mine did before I was given supplemental oxy! Hope you aren't suffering the sleep-deprivation feelings I used to have.

Glad you've gotten the softwares working; sorry you had to resort to Windows versions.

re: "Glad you've gotten the softwares working"

Yes, thanks...

I can read SleepyHead on both computers now...
...and I can download the oximeter data on the Windows...
...but from there?

Now I'm at the stage of trying to master how to successfully integrate/sync them using the Windows programs as showing in these attachments (the Windows computer connected to Microsoft itself and was upgraded, but I transferred these downloads from the Apple using a stick...as for security reasons I don't wish to browse or search on the net through this Windows computer...so I have to save these captures onto a memory stick, and transfer them that way. I'll try and network the computers in due course).

The oximeter manufacturer says my unit ChoiceMMed MD300W314 uses the same steps SleepyHead needs with the earlier model MD300W1...so if that's the case, I'm sure I'll get set straight eventually!!! 

Slow progress, but slowly the tortoise beats the hare over the long run!

Cheers...poppypete  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, actually... there's a bug that crept into the current version 1.0.2-beta that messes up the calendar widget that's supposed to help you select the session to match up with. It will be fixed in the next version...
I think that it works properly in the previous 0.9.8 version, and the Autoset is supported there - but the data storage formats are different, so you will have to re-import all your data into a different profile than the one you currently use. I'm not recommending that route. but it's there if you enjoy futzing around.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2018, 04:19 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Well, actually... there's a bug that crept into the current version 1.0.2-beta that messes up the calendar widget that's supposed to help you select the session to match up with. It will be fixed in the next version...
I think that it works properly in the previous 0.9.8 version, and the Autoset is supported there - but the data storage formats are different, so you will have to re-import all your data into a different profile than the one you currently use. I'm not recommending that route. but it's there if you enjoy futzing around.

Thanks pholynyk...

I was seeing others' difficulties on the Forum threads...

...so I'll be satisfied for the moment to work with the two programs remaining separate.

I'd like some help however, as I lost a lot of Windows memory (in my head), when I had to switch to Apple!

I have to get back to my supplier today (in an hour or so), as I'm still battling with the MedView workings in any event.

The SpO2 Assistant program doesn't want to recognise the oximeter through the USB lead, and so hopefully the supplier of the MedView-NP/oximeter will sort me out on that program's Bluetooth operation...but any idea why the USB lead and the SpO2 Assistant don't want to interact with each other?

Cheers...poppypete  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the USB cable you are using the same one that's supplied with the oximeter? The Bluetooth is for real time data collection and not for stored data transfer.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2018, 04:47 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Is the USB cable you are using the same one that's supplied with the oximeter?  The Bluetooth is for real time data collection and not for stored data transfer.

Thanks Crimson Nape...good to understand that difference!

re: "Is the USB cable you are using the same one that's supplied with the oximeter?"

Yes...so any idea why it isn't working on SpO2 Assistant?

Cheers...poppypete.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you need to get the serial/USB driver. Google the device name along with apple. I found a link (Not sure if I'm allowed to post it here) that had another link to download the drivers needed along with sleepyhead reference. 

Note: I actually googled CMS50 drivers for apple. This may or may not work with other devices.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might have mentioned this in a previous post and I didn't see it. My SpO2 Assistant only recognizes files with a ".spo2" extension. I thought you mentioned your ChoiceMed produces a ".dat" file. If you have any data files, you might try changing the extension and see what happens.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SpO2 Assistant is the name of the Contec program for the CMS50 series oximeters; did Choice Med also use that name?

Also, for future reference, the CMS50F and I can use use any USB data cable, only the CMS50D+ requires the Contec cable with the big bulky USB male connector (it contains the CP2102 chip).

The drivers for CP2102 (used in all the Contec oximeters) can be found by googling 'SiLabs CP2102 driver' - also for future reference.

For the ChoiceMed oximeter, SleepyHead will only (soon) accept a dat file because nobody has documented the USB protocol it uses.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2018, 06:24 AM)pholynyk Wrote: SpO2 Assistant is the name of the Contec program for the CMS50 series oximeters; did Choice Med also use that name?

Also, for future reference, the CMS50F and I can use use any USB data  cable, only the CMS50D+ requires the Contec cable with the big bulky USB male connector (it contains the CP2102 chip).

The drivers for CP2102 (used in all the Contec oximeters) can be found by googling 'SiLabs CP2102 driver' - also for future reference.

For the ChoiceMed oximeter, SleepyHead will only (soon) accept a dat file because nobody has documented the USB protocol it uses.

No pholynyk...

I recall references on the Forum (that ChoiceMMed's MD300i which SleepyHead Oximetry area refers to), and Kevin Cooper's enquiries of the manufacturer, suggests the MD300W314 model uses the same .dat files and software.

Other references however, further refer to 'issues' encountered by others further suggested that accessing SpO2 aids in successful outcomes...by changing the file extensions from ".dat" to ".spo2"...and importing to SleepyHead from there...which I haven't been successful in doing yet.

I hope that somehow explains my attempts at resolution in this manner.

I'll sit on the fence a little now, as yesterday I downloaded ResScan onto my old Windows, and which then Microsoft updated to 10 (so it's now using my WiFi network too...but I don't want to use that computer for emails or browsing on the internet).

I can also now read the ChoiceMMed/MedView data separately...for reference to my pulse and oxygen saturation changes (as can be seen occurring within the SleepyHead data/graphs)...such as my 4 hours overnight (attached).

In 6 days time I'll be having my cardiologist visit and test, so I'm cruising now until then...as these results are as good as I've had since recommencing on 'treatment' some months ago.

I'm feeling a lot better too, so that's a positive sign I'm on the right track at the moment, with the AFib issue needing resolution in the first instance...and that's scheduled for sometime in June.

Cheers...and thanks for your interest in my problems...poppypete  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
update:

re: "the AFib issue needing resolution in the first instance...and that's scheduled for sometime in June."

Having the TOE 31 May...  like ...great news!!!

That to follow the answer to LVEF% on Monday next, 28 May, with the TEE procedure.

Took a punt last night after previous night's unsatisfactory effort with CPAP, and slept alone with the oximeter...but not a good look either: see attachment.

Too late now to be stressing over this issue of syncing this oximeter data within the SleepyHead or ResScan software, but I'd like to come back to trying to resolve it after next week's treatments.

Cheers...poppypete   Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 147 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 192 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,408 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 156 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 612 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 124 19,809 12-28-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.