Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ChoiceMMed oximeter MD300W314
RE: ChoiceMMed oximeter MD300W314
(05-16-2018, 12:50 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: The cmd 50f is a good choice and apple friendly with the correct drivers (can be hard to find check the software forum)

Jason...

From this reply (and the threads since I posted my question), I have decided to purchase another oximeter (rather than deal with the frustrations of trying further with ChoiceMed's MD300W314) , and this cmd 50f looks like it might best suit my needs.

[I see you also use both ResScan and SleepyHead software, and an Apple computer.]

I've got a Windows10 computer working now, as well as a MacBook Pro.

Can you assist me if I purchase a cmd 50f (Contec) from Supplier #19, by assuring me that it does the job of syncing with SleepyHead (I presume it doesn't sync with ResScan)?

Thanks...poppypete.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty sure there is a problem if you try to sync to a cpap session directly, it will offset the data by your timezone offset. But if you tell it to use the oximeter time and then edit it match the start time of the session (because the cpap machine and the oximeter just won't stay in sync) - that should work OK.

I hope we have it fixed in the next month or so, but no promises. You might want to wait for a newer version of SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anything I can do to help? I've developed windows software since 1989 (professionally) and now have a MacBook Pro to play with. Got it to compile with minor change to source, but it there is a log (of the actual data download) of the data attempting to be loaded I may be able to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2018, 08:43 PM)pholynyk Wrote: <snip>
I hope we have it fixed in the next month or so, but no promises. You might want to wait for a newer version of SleepyHead.

Or better, wait for a better version of Comtec's hardware or at a minimum their software.  (I've grown frustrated by the number of day's data lost to failure to record (Record icon is blinking) or garbage recordings like this attachment.)
[attachment=6368]
Post Reply Post Reply
I think their device software and crapware software are nut, even sleepyhead agrees. When I attempt to import the data, I get 8/8/17 even though I set the correct date and time on the device, and it displays the correct time when I use the device.
Oh-jeez

You need a head-desk emoticon...
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2018, 08:55 PM)mdhampton Wrote: Anything I can do to help? I've developed windows software since 1989 (professionally) and now have a MacBook Pro to play with. Got it to compile with minor change to source, but it there is a log (of the actual data download) of the data attempting to be loaded I may be able to help.

mdhampton, we could use your help in the Sleepyhead program development team.  This is an invite to the Sleepyhead Discussion group https://discord.gg/8YkEBA   In addition to this non-programmer group we have a Dev Team and can use help with the Windows branch of the project.  Sleepyhead currently has an interim version 1.1.0 in beta and a new release should be made soon.  There is a freeze on new features for the current version. This is a critical time for testing and debugging.   The new program will cover many new machines, languages and have a lot of other improvements and graphic features.   

Please navigate to the Sleepyhead Discussion on Discord and sign in.  Make a post with your interest in the "Chat-With-Devs" section.  We will then send you an invite to the Sleepyhead Development Group on Discord.  It would be great to have you aboard.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2018, 09:15 PM)mdhampton Wrote: I think their device software and crapware software are nut, even sleepyhead agrees. When I attempt to import the data, I get 8/8/17 even though I set the correct date and time on the device, and it displays the correct time when I use the device.
Oh-jeez

You need a head-desk emoticon...

In the interim [Image: bang.gif], you can try to fix the date by running the file through SPO2DateChanger.

.zip   SPO2DateChanger.zip (Size: 12.33 KB / Downloads: 3)
Post Reply Post Reply
re: "My one regret is that I'm not able to sync the SpO2 readings into these graphs, for they reveal to me that I need (and now get) that 'extra' period of rest (and with treatment on ASV)...SpO2% levels occasionally dipping to 92%, but mainly as a straight line at around 96-97%.

For this reason now, I think I'll cease posting here on this thread:
afib and sleep apnea 1 2 3 4 ... 17 )

poppypete

[url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/User-poppypete][/url](unless something dramatic occurs after this (June 23) post), 

and revert to my other thread ("ChoiceMMed-oximeter-MD300W314"), and attempt to resolve in due course how I can sync these readings into the SleepyHead graphs."

On May 21 I last commented on this thread, and in the last month which followed, I've had great success with treatment advice received from this Forum, and I am now using successfully, an ASV AND a c-collar.

My apnea and hypopnea events are consistently almost at zero now, although I remain in afib still...awaiting resolution of that (separate) issue

I'm wondering now however, if there's been any developments with an update to a newer SleepyHead version, or with this issue of synchronising SpO2 data (such as shown with attachment) into SleepyHead, as the difficulties have been outlined in previous comments on this thread???

Thanks... Sleep-well  poppypete

Post Reply Post Reply
I think my patches allowing the MD300 .dat files to be read made it into the recent release of the version 1.1.0 TESTING Beta - as described ib Sleeprider in his thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid262647
Unfortunately the fixes for synchronizing to cpap sessions was not finished in time to be included, so you will have to match up the clock times yourself. As it is, the time is offset by the difference from GMT. It should be correct if you use the oximeter time at import.

Be aware that version 1.1.0 uses a different database layout than either 0.9.8 or 1.0.2, and will use a different data directory and require creation of a new profile (in the new directory). It's probably worth trying if you have a Mac or Windows computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last Thursday afternoon, 29th November, I was finally cardioverted...successful on the first attempt and discharged in rhythm/sinus.

I took a Kadia reading over 1 minute next morning, with Finding by AliveCor: Unclassified...and my pulse rate was 51bpm.

My AHI result for the hours I was using my ASV reflected as usual...<1, however it was not my best night as I awoke over 4 sessions of brief periods...this being somewhat unusual for me (of the last 4 months).

For Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday I was pleased with my low heart rate (monitored periodically with a heart band monitor and a Suunto watch), and a finger SpO2 reader when not wearing the heart monitor band....and my sleep apnea results.

On Sunday night I attended a neighbourhood Xmas drinks 'do', and had over 4 hours, 5 Hahn Lite stubbies while wearing the monitor...my first alcoholic drink since the previous Tuesday.

Alas, I noted a change to the 'below 90' readings, to rise to 'above 100' and up to 135 on walking home.

Now one neighbour is a retired doctor, and on showing him the Kadia graph result of the previous Friday morning, suggested the absence of 'a P wave' might indicate that I was still in Afib...and this was confirmed with my GP yesterday morning.

I will be seeing again my cardiologist on his return from holidays on 17th December, and meanwhile will continue on beta blocker and blood thinner tablets as previously prescribed until then, but what I would like to present to both him and the sleep physician I'll see after that consult, is the SleepyHead data and the SpO2 data on the one graph.

Previous posts have explained both my own Windows MediView download of SpO2 being read separately to the SleepyHead data, but has the latest work resolved past issues, and, if I purchase something from Supplier #19 now, will I be able to achieve my objective now...to see the SpO2 data within the SleepyHead graphs???

Thanks...poppypete.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 125 20,348 04-14-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: msfabus
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 200 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 278 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,559 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 207 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 671 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 283 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.