Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ChoiceMMed pulse oximeter readings
ChoiceMMed pulse oximeter readings
I have been newly diagnosed with severe OSA (AHI = 52) and began CPAP therapy. Three weeks ago, I had a septoplasty and nasal valve operation and was told by my ENT not to use CPAP for 3 months. My doctor said that I had significant issues with my nose and my AHI should improve now but I should wait 3 months for a new PSG to see how much it improved.

In the mean time, I got a Choicemmed MD300w1 wrist pulse oximeter to follow my SPO2 levels during sleep. On a normal night  the device usually gives me ODI readings of 1 to 2, and almost always less than 5. For example, last night my index was 1.7 with a total of 305 seconds event time (roughly in an 8 hour sleep with perhaps some awake time that the device did not consider). My average SPO2 was 94, min and max SPO2 was 89 and 98, respectively. There were 10 times where my spo2 fell below 90 (as far as I understand from MedView software that comes with the device, each time represents 1 second). And average desaturation event min and max values were 91 and 92. Because I am so new to this, I have some questions. First, how reliable are readings from these devices? Also, are these values so bad and are compatible with my AHI index? I appreciate your responses.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ChoiceMMed pulse oximeter readings
The readings usually are fairly close to what you'd get in a hospital. Your readings sound like your desaturation levels aren't critical. Desaturation can be caused by Apnea events, but there is no way to measure AHI with oxygen readings. That being said your wise to keep tabs on your O2 levels. If you see your levels dropping below 88% for a total of 5 minutes or more per night let your Doctor know.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ChoiceMMed pulse oximeter readings
Hi leo37,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,919 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 64 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 134 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 181 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 427 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 659 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 207 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.