Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Christmas Rash: Airfit P10 Headgear
RE: Christmas Rash: Airfit P10 Headgear
The Eliminator collar was not quite high enough for me. So you take a washcloth, roll it tight & attach the ends with rubber bands then place underneath collar. Attach with 3 rubber bands. (roll towel for your specific height). It fills in the gap between the collar & your upper chest.

The rubber bands dig in the collar so you don't feel them. 

I call it ''The Gregger'' It's is idea!    Too-funny 

sb.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lol thank you. I have a Dr. Dakota coming from Walmart so that may come in handy!
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
I love *everything* about the P10 (I used it for about 2 years), except it stopped venting. I'm trying to go back to the P10 (because it is so minimalist, and the headgear is divine), and am hoping that by cleaning it more often it'll not stop diffusing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, am very interested in the modification you made to the P10 to enable the use of the Brevida head gear. Can you explain how you attached the head gear to the P10 frame? i have looked at the picture you posted and examined both the P10 and the brevida and cannot work out how to make the attachment. 
Thanks in anticipation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Manor217:

1- Cut frame with scissor- keep 2cm. of frame.

2- Drill hole halfway - 1/8 drill bit. (7/64 too small)

3- Make hole a bit wider then 1/2cm.

4- Metal nail file plastic hooks down to 1/2cm.

5- Install hooks inside/out on Brevida headgear (smoother on your face) .  Laugh-a-lot   

6- Cover frame with duct tape to reinforce.(not required)

7- Refer to post #9 to stay within headgear adjustment.

Similar concept as the original Brevida mask.

sb.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2019, 02:39 PM)snorybob Wrote: The Eliminator collar was not quite high enough for me. So you take a washcloth, roll it tight & attach the ends with rubber bands then place underneath collar. Attach with 3 rubber bands. (roll towel for your specific height). It fills in the gap between the collar & your upper chest.

The rubber bands dig in the collar so you don't feel them. 

I call it ''The Gregger'' It's is idea!    Too-funny 

sb.

LOL, glad it worked for you. It's funny you mention it...I happened to have stayed at a hotel in Cleveland this weekend, and accidentally left my Eliminator Series Sleep Cushion behind. It was getting a bit worn anyway so this gave me an excuse to spend the big $20 on a new one. Once again I will be asking my wife to replace the "fake Velcro" with "real Velcro" on the fastening strap with her sewing machine (can also be done with hot glue). So last night I rolled up TWO washclothes with rubber bands to take its place! (Only issue being, if you roll to the side it rolls away, too.)

Thanks for the very explicit instructions on your mod to the P10 headgear. Will consider giving "The Snorybob" a try!
Post Reply Post Reply
I just switched to the new P30i. It is similar to the P10 pillows but the hose hook up is at the top of the head. The strap part is more substantial than the P10. It non-intrusive venting similar to the P10 but via a different, better? mechanism that can be cleaned.

What I don't like about it is there is no short hose. Since I use a hose cover to prevent cat bites, the long hose seems heavy on my head when I first lay down. Also I sometimes get a "Darth Vader" breathing noise when I first lay down, but is gone by the morning.

Something to think about for P10 users.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2019, 02:41 PM)Cpapian Wrote: I just switched to the new P30i.  It is similar to the P10 pillows ...

I'm intrigued. Is the pillow set (clips into the mask) the same one used for the P10? I like that one.

I agree, the short hose is nifty but probably presumed "unnecessary" for a top-connecting hose. 

I always liked the top connecting hose on my Dreamwear masks, but I have to say, now that I'm "hooked" on the P10 I don't mind the front connection, due to the short hose set-up.

Thanks,

G.
Post Reply Post Reply
Snorby
I followed your instructions to enable the Brevida head gear to fit the P10 and it works well. 
Many thanks Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 76 6,166 04-20-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 140 35,974 04-20-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: backdoc
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 10 1,855 04-16-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 5 302 04-01-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,569 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 5,040 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,360 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.