Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chronic Insomnia
RE: Chronic Insomnia
It shouldn't be a mouth leak because I do use a chin strap with the cpap cap plus I use the SomniFix to tape my mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently ordered the Airfit P10  and the Fischer & Paykel Brevidia to try out. I already have a Dreamwear Nasal, the pillows for it, a Dreamwear Full Face and the Resmed N30i. I have been switching between the Dreamwear Nasal and the N30i. I think I might try the pillow attachment on the Dreamwear to see how I do with it plus the other mask when they arrive.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=29134][attachment=29135][attachment=29136]I am still trying to fix my leak problem and I can't tell if it is from my mouth or from the mask. These 3 screenshots are of the last 3 nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks a lot better. Have you ever tried trigger sensitivity on high? It seems to resolve some of the random CA events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I set it to high that day you suggested it. It just seems everyday I look at my data it shows a lot of large leaks and I am trying to stop that problem. 2 nights ago the hose came off the mask and I was laying there feeling around in the dark trying to find the end to reconnect it and then later in the night while I was sleeping the hose got stuck between the mattress and headboard waking me up. My hose stand came in yesterday and I think it fixed that problem. I am just wanting to make sure I am not leaking air out my mouth because I am using the chinstrap and SomniFix tape on my mouth. If it's not leaking there then all I have to do is find me a better sealing mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
What am I looking for on the graphs to tell whether I have a problem with leaking air out of my mouth or the mask is leaking? That way I can understand it myself and not have to post a chart to get someone to tell me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let's try something different.  You need a hose management system, and they are pretty easy to do. I use a lanyard looped around my tube and suspended from a finish nail in the headboard or 3M command hook on the wall. The idea is to suspend the hose so it can move with you, but not so tight it pulls on your face.  I keep my machine in a drawer, and took this picture that shows the hose management using a lanyard. There are lots of fancier solutions including the Hose Buddy and other purchased solutions, but this works.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=28461]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the way you have everything stored in the drawer and run your hose out the back and hang it off the top of your headboard. My headboard isn't tall enough to do that. I purchased 2 hose stands and I will keep the one I like the best and send the other one back. The one I am trying right now is made by Rescare. Pretty decent made stand that clamps onto a table top. Last night was the first time I tried it and it seem to work well. Did you get a chance to look at those graphs I posted this morning to see if I was mouth leaking or mask leaking?
Post Reply Post Reply
We can't tell with certainty how a leak originates, but in general, mask leaks tend to be relatively large short-term leaks with variable flow, and mouth leaks tend to plateau and have a longer constant leak rate. If you see a spike in leak that goes away, that is usually a mask shift. I'd say most of yours are mouth leaks, but they are looking much better than where you started, and are barely above the large leak threshold when they do go large leak. Your leak rates are getting pretty close to my own.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I was worried that is was a lot worse leak than that. It showed a Large Leak (whatever that means) for 40 minutes in one event and I had a total of 22 Large Leak events. I was hoping the SomniFix tape would stop the mouth leak. Might have to try the soft cervical collar and see if that helps. So you think I should leave all my settings on the machine as they are for right now?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad Insomnia r4robin 5 212 03-25-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Treatment] Treatment Emergent Central Apnea or Insomnia -- which is it? mallar 1 295 03-02-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mallar
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 602 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  For chronic mouth leakers using tape and getting mixed results, or even poor results. Expat31 1 400 12-14-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Chronic Fatigue despite good CPAP and Oximetry statistics. MoldyBagel 2 646 08-27-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MoldyBagel
  CPAP causing insomnia, hoping for some help starsknight 3 774 03-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Insomnia Slumberseeker 4 636 08-29-2022, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Slumberseeker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.