Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cigna Insurance, Compliance
RE: Cigna Insurance, Compliance
(03-13-2012, 10:05 PM)Crippiter Wrote: In my case, my AHI and pressures are still quite high (so the benefits aren't so notable), I'm struggling with pretty annoying bridge-of-my-nose irritation with my Mirage facemask (even with the screw extended), and I'm still waking up to the smother effect often at night, so it's not exactly making my nights enjoyable.

Crippiter, I am new to CPAP, having begun therapy only a week ago, and I can certainly relate to your "smother" effect. A solution which has worked for me (I also use the S9 Autoset) is to either reduce or eliminate the EPR setting. Mine was initially at 3, and for whatever reason, the machine and I did not sync with inhalation and exhalation. After resetting the EPR to 1, I immediately had no further wake-ups with feeling that I was unable to get enough air to breath. You might see if this does anything for you. As to the sore, it sounds like you need to try a different mask.

Last night was the first night (my seventh), that I was able to sleep the entire night. I have several of the 2 hours and off already, but it has steadily been improving. I suspect it will for you as well, but you may need to make some changes.

Good luck, persevere, and I know you will be successful.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
My insurance only required a quote for them to approve and when they sent it back they only removed the extended insurance and the compliance report costs from the bill. When I called to question the approval their response was you are approved and covered for the value listed just send a copy of the bill and you will get your cheque. When I asked about the compliance report they stated that they did not need it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Medicare and Medicaid. I have never had to deal with compliance data. The supplier I went to used to request I bring the machine in every 6 months so he could check the pressure. They switched staff and the person I deal with now could give a rip if the machine works or not.

The only time the supplier has mentioned compliance is when I took my old mask in to get another (back then, I only got new nose pieces, not a new mask or headgear). I had a question about it so I took it with me. He took a look at the taped on cushioning, the paperclip and the tape on a crack on the headpiece and said "You've been very compliant wearing this, haven't you?" He was sarcastic and I liked him very much.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've got Cigna and I've not heard a word about compliance. I remember hearing about compliance in relation to "charity" type of CPAP equipment, where the patient is loaned a machine and if they aren't using it the loaning org wants to redeploy it.

As for leaving the machine at home, its up to you, I've done both, hauled it along and left it home for a couple of nights. In my case I don't consider the CPAP as life saving/sustaining equipment, its more preventative maintenance/comfort, you have to decide for yourself, talking with your doctor wouldn't be a bad idea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,529 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,454 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,872 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 433 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,581 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.