Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I need help
I need help
I have a Respironics Auto Flex-A System One CPAP machine. It has a sd card on the back. I have seen on replies to my post is that there is an auto feature that will have the pressure go up and down as needed on my cpap machine. I know how to get into provider mode. What setting do I need to change to make it auto, and how does that work? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I need help
Hi Nascar Dave Welcome
What you actually want to do is to set the min pressure and the max pressure. I believe the defaults are like 4 and 20 or something. I find that to be a very big range though and mine is set quite a bit tighter, but it takes a lot of time to narrow that down.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you know how to get into the Clinical Setup Menu, the hard part is over.

Once you get into the Clinical Setup menu, Go to Setup and press the button to access that menu.

Scroll down to Mode, press the button to access that menu and scroll the wheel until it reads "Auto" and press the button to set the choice.

Set Min and Max pressures.

Best of luck to you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You will need the clinician manual. Follow the directions here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

You can read the information provided (which is highly recommended) or scroll to about the halfway point of the page.

If you do not know what the auto feature is, you will want to research that before messing with the settings. Here's a place to start:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...P_pressure

Any changes you choose to make need to be made in slow steps. One adjustment at a time, wait about 2 weeks, evaluate the data, then make further changes if necessary.

How long have you been using a CPAP machine?

Have you ever taken a look at the data to see how your therapy is working?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Dave....If I am reading your question right..since you already know how to get into the set-up mode; your next step after you open the setup mode is to turn the knob to the right one step at a time to highlight each feature. Once you make a decision as to what feature you want, you press the knob once to highlight that feature. .. I believe that the first step is the one that you are asking about. It will say something like ""cpap therapy" or "auto-cpap therapy".. select auto-cpap therapy. Then you will see " auto max" and "auto min". You select each one and push the knob down to highlight it. Then rotate the knob to the pressures that you want for the max and the min. If your present pressure is now (8) as shown in your profile. I would select something like 7 for the min and 11 for the max. The cpap will then open and hold at the min of (7) until it identifies a higher apnea and then it will raise to cover that apnea but will NOT go any higher then the max of (11). That would give you a good trial of how the auto-cpap feature works.
My auto question is this though>> Why do you want to change to auto?? Actually no harm is you keep the spread fairly close to your present pressure of (8).
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Whats the AHI, leak and sleep quality?

PRS1 Setup
http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

PRS1 60 series heated hose
http://vimeo.com/41393273
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.