Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Claiming insurance in Australia?
HCF said they wouldn't cover my CPAP as I although I had Extras Cover, I did not have "the right" Extras Cover....sigh....

To add further insult, they said I couldn't be covered if I upgraded my monthly premiums again. I had to push the phone consultant as to how much I could get back if I decided to upgrade and she said $500 only....followed by "Oh, and you won't be able to claim on this new item for at least 12 months after you've upgraded"!
Post Reply Post Reply
Medibank was explicit with me - Cover did not extend to mask, tubes, filters or anything else, only the core CPAP machine and a maximum of one claim every 2 years. . i.e. if I got it, then my wife needed one immediately - we would be out of luck. I appreciate them being totally up front with me and I carry the Medibank private hospital cover as my wife has significant heart issues so feel I am still getting value for the dollars - but a bit more would have been nice - For pity sake - what use is the machine without a mask?

interesting to see some have got good deals and a rebate - more power to you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] To buy CPAP online, living in Sydney Australia kamran.zafar 6 167 05-23-2017, 11:33 PM
Last Post: kamran.zafar
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 22 1,157 05-22-2017, 10:54 PM
Last Post: Russatrice
  New Machine and Insurance dosco 2 119 05-18-2017, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Insurance Compliance Period c2workout 21 636 05-15-2017, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Equine mom
  Mask insurance return fees CPAPreturnee 6 165 05-12-2017, 03:39 PM
Last Post: E.W.
  Insurance question Redswife 18 510 05-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  doctor says complex insurance says use a bipap s/t xxyzx 4 311 04-29-2017, 10:27 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2