Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Claiming insurance in Australia?
HCF said they wouldn't cover my CPAP as I although I had Extras Cover, I did not have "the right" Extras Cover....sigh....

To add further insult, they said I couldn't be covered if I upgraded my monthly premiums again. I had to push the phone consultant as to how much I could get back if I decided to upgrade and she said $500 only....followed by "Oh, and you won't be able to claim on this new item for at least 12 months after you've upgraded"!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Medibank was explicit with me - Cover did not extend to mask, tubes, filters or anything else, only the core CPAP machine and a maximum of one claim every 2 years. . i.e. if I got it, then my wife needed one immediately - we would be out of luck. I appreciate them being totally up front with me and I carry the Medibank private hospital cover as my wife has significant heart issues so feel I am still getting value for the dollars - but a bit more would have been nice - For pity sake - what use is the machine without a mask?

interesting to see some have got good deals and a rebate - more power to you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Quebec Insurance for CPAP machine and supplies sonicboom 17 651 01-29-2018, 02:33 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  [Equipment] Respironics Dream Stn Cellular in Australia Moriarty 4 190 01-10-2018, 04:48 AM
Last Post: Moriarty
  Will my insurance pay for Cpap supplies? Busdriver58 3 193 12-21-2017, 08:03 AM
Last Post: rmclendon
  Cpap provider overbilling insurance Company mrkurtz 11 560 11-16-2017, 10:59 AM
Last Post: heyslick
  Repairing an imported unit (US to Australia) zymurgy42 13 462 10-08-2017, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  [Diagnosis] Getting back on CPAP. Unemployed and bad insurance Itsjustme8 8 411 09-13-2017, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Devilbiss Blue warranty in Australia swaziman 0 212 08-06-2017, 12:09 AM
Last Post: swaziman