Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cleaning Climate-control tube on ResMed Air Sense 10
(06-06-2015, 11:37 PM)Veilsd Wrote: There is a review section where you can find out what people's thoughts are. I find mine fine but I have a problem with a bad seal between the humidifier and the unit. Other than that no complaints.

If you have a bad seal between machine and humidifier compartment - get a new replacement. The machine has a 2 year warranty.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2015, 11:37 PM)Veilsd Wrote: I find mine fine but I have a problem with a bad seal between the humidifier and the unit. Other than that no complaints.

The setup manual (Clinical Guide) shows disassembly/assembly drawings and instructions for installing the gasket which goes between the tank and the unit. Maybe only the gasket needs to be replaced.

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2015, 11:31 PM)cajones Wrote: hello everyone please anyone that can give me their opinion of the
Air sense 10 auto as I really need your honest opinion as. The sellers will never bag them their trying to sell them thank you.

There are two auto CPAP units under the Airsense 10 line. The Escape Auto is a brick. Don't buy or accept. The Autoset is a top of the line machine with very good features and data. It is one of the best auto CPAP machines available.
Post Reply Post Reply

(06-07-2015, 09:39 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(06-06-2015, 11:31 PM)cajones Wrote: hello everyone please anyone that can give me their opinion of the
Air sense 10 auto as I really need your honest opinion as. The sellers will never bag them their trying to sell them thank you.

There are two auto CPAP units under the Airsense 10 line. The Escape Auto is a brick. Don't buy or accept. The Autoset is a top of the line machine with very good features and data. It is one of the best auto CPAP machines available.

The Escape Auto is an S9, there is no Escape Auto in the AirSense 10 series

AirSense 10 AutoSet or AirSense 10 AutoSet 4 Her

Top notch machine ... highly recommended

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2015, 10:26 AM)sonicboom Wrote: If you have a bad seal between machine and humidifier compartment - get a new replacement. The machine has a 2 year warranty.

I will be going to see my clinician this week, going to ask for a new humidifier chamber to try, its still under the 3 month warranty.

(06-07-2015, 08:05 PM)vsheline Wrote: The setup manual (Clinical Guide) shows disassembly/assembly drawings and instructions for installing the gasket which goes between the tank and the unit. Maybe only the gasket needs to be replaced.

I have taken the gasket out and cleaned it but it made no difference. As above I'm going to see my clinician this week and I will see what they say.
Post Reply Post Reply
The manual says to clean tube weekly. I still don't understand why. I get where mold and other nasty critters could form due to moisture. But the moisture is coming from the humidifier which is supposed have distilled water in it. And the machine pumps air through the tube for twenty minutes after you shut it off. The entire purpose of this feature is to make sure the tube is dry.
Post Reply Post Reply

(08-02-2016, 03:50 PM)dironifish Wrote: The manual says to clean tube weekly. I still don't understand why. I get where mold and other nasty critters could form due to moisture. But the moisture is coming from the humidifier which is supposed have distilled water in it. And the machine pumps air through the tube for twenty minutes after you shut it off. The entire purpose of this feature is to make sure the tube is dry.

Everybody has different conditions in their home. Your unit is not sterile. Bacteria can get into the distilled water or into the hose from your breathing. Some people have very dry homes, others have humid homes. Still others may have unknown mold growing in their homes. So, a recommendation of once a week is pretty reasonable. You, as the consumer, can decide what you will or won't do. If you have a good immune system and feel comfortable that your hose is always dry, then you can make a choice not to wash your hose as regularly as me or any other poster. But, for newbies, the general guidelines from manufacturers is to wash your hose once a week. Your chances of getting a respiratory infection if you forget is small. I personally don't support the idea of never washing it, but that poster is comfortable with that choice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2016, 03:50 PM)dironifish Wrote: The manual says to clean tube weekly. I still don't understand why.

Probably a lawyer told them that they needed to do that in case they get sued by someone who got sick from a dirty hose.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Caring for your ClimateLineAir
It is important that you regularly clean your air tubing to make
sure you receive optimal therapy.

Cleaning
You should clean the air tubing weekly as described.
1. Wash the air tubing in warm water using mild detergent.
Do not wash in a dishwasher or washing machine.
2. Rinse the air tubing thoroughly and allow to dry, out of
direct sunlight and/or heat.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shorter tube than Climate Line Tubing? hmucha 9 216 04-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  ResMed Air Sense 10 Service Manual Reuven Gruber 1 199 04-11-2017, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Newbie DreamStation Auto BiPAP with humidifier and heated tube DSX700T11 que0x 8 644 03-27-2017, 05:37 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Air Sense 10 humming Sterling147 13 417 03-23-2017, 09:41 PM
Last Post: richac
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 18 5,292 03-21-2017, 03:23 PM
Last Post: CPAPPY262
  How do I prevent rainout for 48 hours after washing Cpap tube Ihaveapnea 36 1,226 03-13-2017, 04:58 PM
Last Post: dosco
  Question about cleaning/drying air tube RB73 17 1,777 03-12-2017, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Stevegeb