Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cleaning Climate-control tube on ResMed Air Sense 10
Cleaning Climate-control tube on ResMed Air Sense 10
Is it OK to submerge the climate-control tube in soapy water for cleaning? There are two contacts on one end that connects to the back of the ResMed to heat the air in the tube. It doesn't look as if it should be immersed in water.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cleaning Climate-control tube on ResMed Air Sense 10
Apparently there is no problem submersing the Resmed Climateline tube. http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...lo_eng.pdf

In general, tubes being used by an single individual do not need disinfection or cleaning. I have gone years between doing a cleaning. Your tube, your choice.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2015, 01:18 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Apparently there is no problem submersing the Resmed Climateline tube. http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...lo_eng.pdf

In general, tubes being used by an single individual do not need disinfection or cleaning. I have gone years between doing a cleaning. Your tube, your choice.

Yuck! I think they need cleaning at least monthly, better weekly.
Just because the bacteria, germs, mold and other critters are growing in your spit doesn't mean they won't harm you...
Post Reply Post Reply
GL, I submerge my climate line hoses all the time. It does not harm the contacts. I get a new hose every 3 months. I start using the new one immediately. I take the "old" one, clean it well, inspect it, and if it passes, I hang it over a clothes hanger so it can dry. With it is the previous "old" one. I then toss the old one before that. In other words, I have on hand my new one, a 3 mos old one, and a 6 mos old one. I used to keep them longer, but they aren't making them as sturdy as they used to. I have a lot of them break. The back of the machine faces away from me so the hose has to make a sharp turn. That's where they are breaking. I used to could use a hose for up to a year before they broke. Now I'm lucky to make it to the 3 mos mark!

----

Your spit isn't in the hose coming from the machine. It is almost all the air and moisture coming from the humidifier.

While it is "your tube, your choice", it is good practice to clean a hose that is used with the humidifier at least once a month, perhaps more. Warm, moist air invites all sorts of critters to live with it. I should know. I became ill from allergies from those critters several years ago. After over a 18mos of misery, we finally figured out it was something in the CPAP. The DME assisted me by switching everything out that they could. It was the hose.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Gross Story of my negligence. I didn't change the water holder for a month or so....I'm using distilled water so if I don't touch it, it should be fine. Right??? Well....for a while it seemed that the water was a bit viscouse when I poured in the new water every night. I though it must be an optical illusion. One night I had my glasses on and noticed a white circle in the water. I took it out and opened it to wash it. THERE WERE THREE round white circles about the size of a silver dollar EACH of what looked like it was grown in a petri dish. GAG!!! Um, well, once in a while I took as swig of my distilled water.
I had been feeling sick for a couple of weeks. Duh. I didn't feel much better until I disinfected the hose as well. Oh my gosh, how stupid am I?!?! I will be disinfecting the hose as well from now one. Gag again.
Jemstone
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2015, 12:15 PM)GL Bishop Wrote: Is it OK to submerge the climate-control tube in soapy water for cleaning? There are two contacts on one end that connects to the back of the ResMed to heat the air in the tube. It doesn't look as if it should be immersed in water.

GL Bishop,
I clean my heated hose every two weeks. I place a small piece of black electrical tape over the end with the electrical contacts, then immerse and clean as usual.
You just have to be sure the contacts are dry before attaching to your machine.
It is a good idea to have a spare hose so you can rotate in case it isn't dry before bed.
OpalRose

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the advise. This board is much more responsive to questions than my DME provider!! Thank goodness for the good folks here!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2015, 08:00 AM)GL Bishop Wrote: Thanks everyone for the advise. This board is much more responsive to questions than my DME provider!! Thank goodness for the good folks here!
Hi GL Bishop,
I put my ClimateLine hose in water all the time and have never had any trouble with the contacts on it, I just make sure it is dry before I re-connect it to my machine before I use it.
Oh, BTW, WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Please can we have more feedback on the air sense 10 auto
hello everyone please anyone that can give me their opinion of the
Air sense 10 auto as I really need your honest opinion as. The sellers will never bag them their trying to sell them thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a review section where you can find out what people's thoughts are. I find mine fine but I have a problem with a bad seal between the humidifier and the unit. Other than that no complaints.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 559 1 hour ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 106 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 967 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 221 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,330 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 247 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.