Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cleaning Humidifier Resmed autosense s10
Cleaning Humidifier Resmed autosense s10
Hi,

Has anybody else noticed the little hole at the bottom of the humidifier? it is a air pocket I believe. My concern is that the manual asks you to wash the humidifier everyday with a soft detergent in warm water, however there is no way to stop the water entering into the opening and now mine has tiny water puddles that you can't get out. Is this happening to anyone else?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cleaning Humidifier Resmed autosense s10
Hi chuck6161,
I've never seen, (or touched,) a Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet machine to be able to answer your question, but hang in there someone else will be able to help you.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the hole is to help drain the water from between the plastic housing and the metal part of the tank bottom.
When I wash my water tank I separate the pieces and let them soak in hot soapy water for a while so everything gets wet.
Then I scrub all surfaces with a brush and rinse with warm water and make sure lots of water goes around the metal base.
I shake out as much as I can and set everything up to drain and dry and I set the bottom so that the hole you see is lowest and drains out.
When I am ready to use the tank again it is completely dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I've never pulled it apart before so I will try that. However you still can't separate the bottom plastic piece away from the metal, can you?
Post Reply Post Reply
No - those are molded/glued together with a slight gap between them.
I think that is why the little hole is there, to help drain the water out.
My tank separates easily into three pieces: the metal plastic bottom, the all plastic top, and the silicone/rubber seal.
I just apply a very little pressure at the hinge on one side and it pops out. Pops back together just as easy.
Also the seal only fits in one way and there is a very tiny little plastic catch to hold it in place.
Makes it easier to take a toothbrush to every nook and cranny and the things dry out quicker and better apart.
I just take the tank apart and soak/scrub clean the parts once a week.
On a daily basis I drain/shake out all the water and set the open tank on end like the letter 'A' so it can dry out completely.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just use filtered air and distilled water, flushing with the distilled water once a week or so. My humidifier tank is over a year old and still as clean and clear as new, even with magnification.

YMMV

fos
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 92 Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow 70sSanO 13 5,745 04-12-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Magoo905
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 148 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 348 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 246 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 227 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,888 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.