Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cleaning Resmed AirCurve 10
Cleaning Resmed AirCurve 10
Is there a need to clean the machine, if so how without spending big $$$? I wash the nasal pillow and humidifier tank daily, the hose, frame and head gear weekly. Change the filter monthly.
"I say, you work eight hours, and you sleep eight hours - be sure they're not the same eight hours."

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cleaning Resmed AirCurve 10
You've cleaned it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thats exactly what I do to clean my machine, hose and mask as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi smiledog,
Once in a great while, I take a damp rag and wipe down the case of the machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
There can be a need to take a CPAP machine apart and clean it. I had to do this to a PRS1, and there was a thin film of dusty grease on every surface in the air path. I also took apart a ResMed S9 to clean it, but discovered no greasy film so there was nothing to clean. I haven't tried taking apart a ResMed A10 like yours and mine.

Taking a machine apart to clean it is not advisable unless you know what you're doing, are brave, and have an odor problem that you just can't tolerate any longer. Under normal circumstances it's not necessary. I think that PRS1 came from the factory with a film of grease and that is why it needed to be cleaned.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all. I am a DIY'er. I have more tools then I have money. When I took a close look at my machine, It wouldn't be a problem to take apart. But I didn't see a need. I thought there might be something I don't know, because I've been reading about a cleaning machine, that costs about $300. That's why I posted this thread.
                  When I had my second study I was told to bring my hose and mask. That night was pretty bad, the room, bed, carpet reminded me of a cheap dirty motel room. They hooked me up to there machine, it had a odor that was awful. I asked what's up with the odor? I was told it was a cleaner they use.  Going to sleep with the thought of the room being dirty and the odor from the machine, no wonder I had bad number in the morning
"I say, you work eight hours, and you sleep eight hours - be sure they're not the same eight hours."

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 202 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 220 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.