Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cleaning brush problem
Cleaning brush problem
I bought a cleaning brush for about $10 from a company from China off of Walmart.com.  The brush head was only about an inch long instead of at least 6 inches from the picture online.  Anyone else had this problem?  I was thinking about buying another one off of Ebay, but it may happen again.  Anyone know of a good place to buy a cleaning brush that is really inexpensive?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cleaning brush problem
Yes, I too had the same issue a while back. I purchased one off of Ebay. Not only was the brush head short of what was advertised, the overall length was short as well. 

It was supposed to be long enough to clean the air hose. It was about a foot short.  Angry

Lesson learned......buyer beware.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Myself thinks a hose cleaning brush is overkill. The hose transmits moist air that is somewhat filtered via the inlet filter. I have soaked the heated hose in hot water and Dawn dish soap and rinsed in clear warm water. That seems good enough for me.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2022, 12:01 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Myself thinks a hose cleaning brush is overkill. The hose transmits moist air that is somewhat filtered via the inlet filter. I have soaked the heated hose in hot water and Dawn dish soap and rinsed in clear warm water. That seems good enough for me.

Yes, I too agree with you. I bought the cleaning brush for the hose early into my CPAP therapy. I still use it when I feel the need. I bought it when I was still using distilled water.  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
My provider says soaking in dish-liquid-soap and warm water is good enough. Brush is optional.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 220 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,790 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,463 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.