Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cleaning/disinfecting Aircurve 10 climateline hose?
Cleaning/disinfecting Aircurve 10 climateline hose?
Brand new machine (new to ASV); have so far only used it for 5 days. How do I clean the hose? I'm worried about the electrical end coming in contact with water. Do I need to use disinfecting solution, or can I just use an unscented or low scent dish detergent?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cleaning/disinfecting Aircurve 10 climateline hose?
Dunk it every couple of weeks in a solution of MILD detergent (I use baby shampoo) and flush water through it pretty thoroughly to rinse it out. If you want to get all fancy, find a tube brush of the right diameter (22 or 15 mm) for your tube (I think the climate line tube for the A-10 is 15 mm like mine was for the S-9). Hang to dry. Water is not going to harm the "electronics" - they're all pretty much encapsulated in the plastic of the tube - just make sure that end with the contacts is dry before hooking the hose back up.

Disinfectant I would not recommend. Have used CPAP for more than 10 years - in a humid environment, with humidification most of the time, and traveling quite a bit in prior job. Not all that fastidious about washing the hose (it's lucky to get to it every couple of months) and never ever had a problem with funky things happening in there.

I kind of think these things are like kids: first time the first one falls and hurts his arm, OMG trip to the doctor or ER, full evaluation and X-ray, careful monitoring for the next week. Second kid? Is there a bone sticking out? Can he still move his arm? Yeah? Good to go.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
I soak mine once a week in a mild unscented dish detergent. I have also soaked in a vinegar solution supposedly once a month, but i don't pay such close attn that it really is that often Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
The electrical contacts won't be damaged. I don't think I'd use any disinfecting solution since it may contain a chemical that could be detrimental to some part of the hose. In theory the filtered air is cleaner than the air in the room where the CPAP is being used. I clean mine about once a month or two. I disconnect it from the machine and immerse it in warm soapy water. I swish the hose a few times and then flush it with clear water from the tap. I hang it up to dry during the day and connect it back up that night. Don't worry if there's still water in the line, it will dry out with use.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How often should I soap out and rinse the humidifier box? I wash my F10 mask daily. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
once a week for headgear, tubing and humidifier tank is what my DME recommended. Thanks for reminding me - it's wash day Tongue
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2015, 10:24 AM)JVinNE Wrote: How often should I soap out and rinse the humidifier box? I wash my F10 mask daily. Thanks again.

Are you using distilled water or tap water? I use distilled water and dump it/let it dry daily. Nothing to clean out. Still, I wash it every month or two just for gits and shiggles.

With the PR System One, it's easy as you can just pop it in the dishwasher. For the A-10, I don't know about the humidifier chamber. If the metal part is stainless steel, I would guess it shouldn't be a problem to run it through. If it is aluminium it should NEVER be put in the dishwasher. Many dishwasher detergents can be caustic and react with the Al parts.

There were three versions the water chamber for the S-9: the one with the stainless base was advertised as dishwasher safe. The other two, with the aluminium base, were not. For those, I just washed by hand with Dawn or Palmolive dishwashing liquid.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JVinNE,
I wash my humidifier tub, mask and hose once a week in mild, warm, soapy water.
Your unscented soap should be ok.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe I'm an oddball but I wash my humidifier tub, nasal pillows and base, and hose daily with warm water and Palmolive free and clear. If I just got over a cold or something I'll give it a control 3 soak.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 301 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 565 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,512 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 208 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.