Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cleaning the DreamStation Humidifier, etc.
RE: Cleaning the DreamStation Humidifier, etc.
(01-29-2019, 11:22 AM)bonjour Wrote: for this reason would a mod please delete both this and Fats previous post.  I know he did not intend malice.  I just don't want anyone to even think this is remotely good.  (A good edit would be sufficient.

Deleting my post is OK with me in this case. Correct, I didn't intend malice (to say the least). I didn't see this reply until now, when it's past the 1-hour limit for me to edit.

(An un-puzzler for future ref if my earlier post is deleted but this one is not: I had jokingly referred to cleaning CPAP equipment using a very toxic mixture of household chemicals, assuming that everyone would know that it was not a recommendation to do that.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2019, 11:22 AM)bonjour Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 10:43 AM)Fats Drywaller Wrote:  I'm just waiting for someone to try bleach and ammonia together and report on the results.  DO NOT DO THIS!!!
  What an aweful idea to even put this in print.  On the surface, you are mixing two good cleaning agents you should double your cleaning ability.  WRONG, you will generate CHLORINE GAS which is lethal.

for this reason would a mod please delete both this and Fats previous post.  I know he did not intend malice.  I just don't want anyone to even think this is remotely good.  (A good edit would be sufficient.

Fred

I think it’s ok to leave this thread as is (for now.) Thinking-about

Although, I also believe “most folk know not to mix bleach and ammonia, there are some out there that would not know this.

Fred’s very large warning above is warranted.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2019, 12:41 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Fred’s very large warning above is warranted.

Yes. With the usual 20/20 hindsight, I agree, and I apologize.

P.S.: I just noticed that this is post number 666 for me. :OMG:
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2019, 12:48 PM)Fats Drywaller Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 12:41 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Fred’s very large warning above is warranted.

Yes.  With the usual 20/20 hindsight, I agree, and I apologize.

No apology needed. When I read you post, I didn’t have quite the reaction that Fred did, but only because I assume most know not to do this, but then again...you never know!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW When I was a Pizza Hut driver about 14 years ago, our assistant manager decided to enact a major cleaning project in our store. He mixed all kinds of industrial cleaning chemicals, producing a nasty smell, making each present rather sick instantly. Whatever these mixed chemicals were, the gunk on the walls didn't stand a chance against this stuff.

SERIOUS Note: I'm not suggest any try this anywhere.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 173 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,801 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 186 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 772 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 345 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.