Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cleaning the Dreamstation reusable dark blue filter
Cleaning the Dreamstation reusable dark blue filter
For anyone with a Dreamstation, i just received some new light blue filters (first time changing since I've had my machine about 40 days). When I went to change it I noticed that the dark blue filter that holds these looked slightly dirty. After looking on the internet, I think these dark blue ones are washable, but I want to make sure I do it the right way. How do you wash these reusable filters, and how long after use do these get changed? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cleaning the Dreamstation reusable dark blue filter
I just hold mine under the tap with the water on cold and running in the reverse of the airflow direction. I replaced one after 6 months when the frame cracked. Otherwise, I guess when it looks dirty or your DME sends you a new one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash mine once a month in the same water I wash my other gear in. After washing it I rinse it well in warm water in the opposite direction of the air flow. I replace the fine (light blue) filter at the same time.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
These filters replace black sponge prefilters that have been provided for years on Philips Respironics machines. They have always been washable, and can last almost indefinitely since they are course filters. The old ones had no frame and just squeezed into the air inlet. They could be dislodged by a sneeze or cough. So the new design is an improvement, but they are just to keep large particles off the fine filter.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How often do you people replace the fine filters? I don't generally trust manufacturers' guidelines as they have an interest in selling more supplies.
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually wash them both, though you are supposed to replace the fine one, not wash it.

The fine filter has been in use since early August 2016, and gets washed once a month at the same time as the coarse filter. (the Dreamstation gives a reminder alert when cleaning/replacement is due)

I also wash the filter in my F&P Eson mask, even though it is supposed to be replaced on a regular basis.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 187 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 142 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,749 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 151 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 326 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 589 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 724 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.