Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cleaning the ResMed Headgear (The Best way?)
Cleaning the ResMed Headgear (The Best way?)
Thought it was time to clean the headgear as it was lookin a little dingy.

I don't know how everyone else does it, but I put it in a large coffee container filled with hot water and detergent and shook it over a sink. Then I shook it with regular water a few times to rinse it.

Then I was pleased to find out that the soft fabric comes off of the main plastic part like a sock (at least when wet). Next time I can use a smaller jelly jar and wash just the fabric parts. To dry, I velcro it around a hanger and hang in my boiler room.

It came out very clean!

Well thats how I'll be doing it from now on. If you know a better way, please let me know.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cleaning the ResMed Headgear (The Best way?)
I soak my headgear in the bathroom sink. Hot water and Dawn dish soap. I let it soak for about 30 min. or so. I then swish it around some like an agitator in a washing machine. 

Then it gets rinsed in hot water. I squeeze the life out of it to remove excess water and then pat it dry with a towel. After an hour or so, it's completely dry to the touch. 

Always turns out looking like new and the hot water tightens up the straps some.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm I guess I should wash mine then I can tell you how I did it.

Broomstick, it sounds like the concept you devised to clean the headgear gives good results so that gets a good grade.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have washed in mixing bowls and just tossed it in the washing machine. Cleaned and dry, it fits and feels better than ever.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I run it under warm water, dab dish detergent here and there, and then 'massage' the whole.  After some time, I rinse, all the while pressing the suds and residual soap/body oils out of the fabric.  When I think the water is coming clear/non-sudsy, I wrap a clean towel inside the straps and squeeze all over to get most of the water out.  Drape the device over a chair back, or leave it spread out on a counter.  Takes about three or four hours to dry in the humid PNW.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have found that it is convenient  for me to detach the headgear from the mask, put it in a mesh bag and let it run through my washing machine with a colored load. When it has spun through, I clip it to a hanger with a common clothes pin and let it dry at room temperature with a simple fan playing over it.

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 9 1,730 4 hours ago
Last Post: FirstNoele
  Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow 70sSanO 13 5,746 04-12-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Magoo905
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 148 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 5 270 04-01-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 228 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,889 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 204 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.