Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cleaning?
Cleaning?
I know there are threads about how to clean your equipment. BUT , I want to hear how YOU
Clean YOUR equipment ..Humidifier, hoses , mask,etc And how often shoud a person (you ) clean each object . Also what cleaners do you find the best? and why.
Thank You
Dan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cleanning??
There's been a lot of threads on this.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eaning-day
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...k-Cleaning
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...aning-mask
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-headgear
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...aning-mask

Cleaning methods vary depending on personal preference and time factors.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Mask, tubing, water chamber get a mild dish detergent cleaning once a week. If I forget a week, then I do the above plus add a squirt of hydrogen peroxide to the rinse water. Cleaning the hose consists of cleaning and rinsing and then whirling it around and around over my head for a minute or two to clear out most of the remaining water.
The nasal pillows gets washed as above and gets replaced every two weeks. Non-replacable (grey mesh) filter gets washed every two weeks and the white ultra fine filter gets replaced every two weeks.
and thats how I do it!!
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Dan, like Paula wrote, it seems to mostly be a matter of personal choice and time. But to answer your question, I use Ivory liquid dish detergent (was told it contains very little nasty stuff) and wash the mask and rinse out the humidifier daily (unless I'm traveling). I can wash my particular mask quickly without any disassembly, so washing the mask and humidifier tank take very little time. After the soapy warm water, I rinse both with clear. My hose gets washed approx once every 10 days or so also in warm soapy water with the same soap. I fill the hose with the soapy water, empty it and fill the hose with clear water two or three times and then hang it up to dry during the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2012, 02:17 PM)HILLTOPPER Wrote: I know there are threads about how to clean your equipment. BUT , I want to hear how YOU
Clean YOUR equipment ..Humidifier, hoses , mask,etc And how often shoud a person (you ) clean each object . Also what cleaners do you find the best? and why.
Thank You
Dan
Filter: Replace every month
I use whatever soap using in the shower .. for now its Johnson body wash
I see no reason to use distilled water .... Dump the water and wash the tank every day in soap and water
Mask : Daily in soap and water
Headgear and chinstrap: Monthly in soap and water
Hoses: Whenever ... soap and water bath and hook the hose cuff to kitchen sink hot water tap ... rinse and flush any soap residue .... hang it to drip and dry. I've accumulated some spare so I can alternate to use when one hose is drying
Machine: wipe with damp cloth and wash the humidifier flip lid seal weekly in soap and water
It takes no time at all ... just like brushing my teeth
I did it my way Too-funny

Post Reply Post Reply
I wash my mask and water tank daily, I was using a very dilute antibacterial hand wash but have now started using baby shampoo.
Once a week I soak my hose in baby shampoo as well, then after 20 to 30 minutes I rinse it in cold running water and hang over the bath to air dry.
Weekly I put my headgear and chin strap into delicates bags and wash them in the washing machine on the hand wash cycle and then let them air dry in the laundry room until I go to bed.
Monthly I replace the filter and and clean the humidifier lid seal and the body of the machine gets wiped down as necessary to keep it looking clean.
It has become part of my daily routine, and as Zonk has said, it takes no time at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cleaning?
Thanks, It is always better for me to see what everyone else is really doing rather than what "THE BOOK" says
D
Post Reply Post Reply
Reading this.. I just have to ask. Do y'all take your mask IN THE SHOWER with you? Sounds like a great way to clean the hose out and rinse it!! the mask could be cleaned easy also. I use the resmed Merage Quattro . I guess that there is nothing to hurt by getting soap and water on it.. I like the idea about getting a real,real, good rinse off on every thing when done.
Dan Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2012, 04:29 PM)HILLTOPPER Wrote: Reading this.. I just have to ask. Do y'all take your mask IN THE SHOWER with you?
Yep I do every morning to washes any facial oil ( going do it right now )

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't take mine in the shower as I wash my mask in the bathroom basin first thing when I get up and then weekly I like to let my hose soak for 20 to 30 minutes before rinsing by running water through it directly from the tap (faucet)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 222 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,795 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 183 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 343 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 607 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 758 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.