Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cleanng vs Replacing
Cleanng vs Replacing
Hello, and Happy New Year.

While doing my monthly cleaning today, I reflected that my ResMed supplies seem to last a long time. And even though I have replacements I've continued to use my original humidifier chamber and heated hose as there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them (going on 2 years). And my nasal pillows seem to last about 3  months.

Not wanting perfectly good supplies to end  up in a landfill. Is this safe to do?  Should I be concerned about bacteria / contamination?

I wipe down my mask with distilled water daily and wash with soap and water weekly.
I clean my humidifier chamber with distilled water and vinegar once a week and only use distilled water in it, letting it air dry every other day.
I clean my heated humidifier hose monthly with soap and water.

Much thanks.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cleanng vs Replacing
That's a good routine.  Always keep a spare of everything replaceable as that way you are prepared for something unexpected.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Gideon.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tend to find that the F&P masks fit me the best and have using the same ones for several years.  The only mask that seem to need replacing every few months was the Resmed P10 nasal pillow.  I found that if it was starting to have leaks, it was time to replace it.  As far as humidifier tanks, I never needed a secondary one.  I did have one hose start to lose tension on the connector and would unexpectedly disconnect at the worst time.  All this has been over the course of my treatment which began in 2014.

So the bottom line is I only replace an item when necessary.  I dislike wasting serviceable stuff and still use some of my original masks.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2023, 08:42 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I tend to find that the F&P masks fit me the best and have using the same ones for several years.  The only mask that seem to need replacing every few months was the Resmed P10 nasal pillow.  I found that if it was starting to have leaks, it was time to replace it.  As far as humidifier tanks, I never needed a secondary one.  I did have one hose start to lose tension on the connector and would unexpectedly disconnect at the worst time.  All this has been over the course of my treatment which began in 2014.

So the bottom line is I only replace an item when necessary.  I dislike wasting serviceable stuff and still use some of my original masks.

- Red

That is a great to hear. Thank you for the information.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,179 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  Replacing AirSense reservoir seal/ gaskets- anyone? S.L. Ping Beauty 5 1,278 01-21-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: S.L. Ping Beauty
  DME replacing my faulty Airsense 10 with an 11..should i accept? tierdal 9 1,285 03-29-2022, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Replacing N30i Nasal Mask Sleeves? Avign0n323 5 1,664 01-08-2022, 05:10 AM
Last Post: multicast
  Replacing PR system one apap 560p Apnea_GM 6 722 01-06-2022, 03:42 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Replacing DS1 with Airsense 10 auto for my mother Goose 3 698 08-20-2021, 09:59 AM
Last Post: DaveCar
  What to do Replacing an old Dreamstation with a new and equal one? Perchas 5 770 01-08-2021, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Perchas

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.