Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed EPR…someone explain?
RE: ResMed EPR…someone explain?
Post your daily charts and we will see if it makes sense for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2022, 06:53 PM)Gideon Wrote: Post your daily charts and we will see if it makes sense for you.

I downloaded the more advance manual and read up on the setting. I havent did the oscar program yet, not sure if I need all that info. Most of it I dont understand plus thats what the doc is for. But I might do it. thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats, you truly have an exceptional doc. Most never look at the detailed data, only the summary. Keep him/her
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2022, 09:20 AM)Gideon Wrote: Congrats, you truly have an exceptional doc.  Most never look at the detailed data, only the summary.  Keep him/her

I hope the doctor is looking at the detailed data, isn't that what they are supposed to do.  Makes me wonder now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Honestly I doubt it.  It is that uncommon.  The times I have shared my detailed data, thanks OSCAR, with a doctor they were stunned that my data had so much data.  One of them was so fascinated he just dug thru it for 15 minutes on my laptop during my appointment.  He was a good one, unfortunately retired.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2022, 04:13 PM)Gideon Wrote: Honestly I doubt it.  It is that uncommon.  The times I have shared my detailed data, thanks OSCAR, with a doctor they were stunned that my data had so much data.  One of them was so fascinated he just dug thru it for 15 minutes on my laptop during my appointment.  He was a good one, unfortunately retired.

Thats too bad they don't look at all the detailed data. Maybe it's just so much it's not really needed. They can do without it. I don't know. I might try oscar, but I wouldn't know what I am looking at and sometimes it's too much info.
Post Reply Post Reply
This forum will help you, just post the daily charts from Oscar and ask questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bedtime Bob-- it's not that they (Docs) can fully care for sleep apnea patients without the detailed data.
It's that they don't care to spend the time optimizing treatment. 
My doc looks only at AHI and hours used.
Tip of the iceberg and not enough data to fix my fatigue. 

Cpap use in itself is better than nothing, surely reduces your chances of dying in your sleep, but not every patient is fully helped by the basic settings set by docs.

So, if you're using the cpap but still feeling crappy, the doc needs to know.
If the doc is like most, they won't offer much/any assistance. 
That is where the OSCAR data and the experts on this board become invaluable. 
This board gives you the tools to be your own best advocate.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR / C-Flex / whatever brand name is, typically, just a comfort feature. It lowers the pressure upon exhale, making it easier to, well, exhale.

A few folks find that the setting can increase or decrease their central event counts. As far as I remember, it is a rare thing.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2022, 06:35 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: EPR / C-Flex / whatever brand name is, typically, just a comfort feature. It lowers the pressure upon exhale, making it easier to, well, exhale.

A few folks find that the setting can increase or decrease their central event counts. As far as I remember, it is a rare thing.

Huh! I thought I was the only one who felt boggled by this. I used to have a higher pressure with EPR 3, but whenever I exhaled, sometimes... it's as if I "forgot" that I'm supposed to inhale afterwards. And given the lower pressure, it wasn't really a reflex. I'd just exhale fully then flat-out stop breathing until I realized, consciously and sort of choking, that it's time to breathe in!

I didn't know it was something that happened to other people, glad to see I'm not completely weird haha ^^
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please explain airsense term on clinical settings rebean 2 515 08-11-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: rebean
  [Treatment] New mask - can anyone explain some of these shifting numbers? CruzVevo 6 636 01-15-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Guys can someone please explain all the different settings on a BiPap (Philips) Zoltyzolt 2 715 03-12-2022, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Video [Diagnosis] Hi guys starting therapy today, could someone explain my sleep study IwantToSleep123 6 979 08-14-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: IwantToSleep123
  Can Someone Explain what min, med, 95% and max mean? asuter060514 5 2,392 07-18-2021, 08:23 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Large Leaks - Please Explain My Oscar Leak Data Attached Sleeper396 3 1,195 07-06-2021, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Sleeper396
Question [Diagnosis] Need An expert to explain roy1123 3 730 03-08-2021, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.