Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OT SD Card adapter?
OT SD Card adapter?
A little background ..  Tired of buying SD cards for My AS 11 ..
The slider that switches the card to read only lasts about 1 month ..
Then breaks and leaves the card read only and My Cpap can't use 
it anymore .. 
Anyone know of an adapter that fits the SD slot and allows a thumb 
drive to be plugged into it ??

Thanks In Advance ..    Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OT SD Card adapter ??
If you're locking and unlocking the card, there is no need to do so. Some of the older machines used to have a problem with Windows writing a file to the card while unlocked. But that has been resolved with the newer machines. 

I've had the same SD card for 5 years and never touched the lock switch. You run the risk of having it accidentally locked while in your machine and no detailed data will be recorded. Just leave it unlocked forever and you shouldn't have any issues.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
SD cards and USB drives employ different protocols. Communication between the two requires a GPIO interface. Like upsman stated, there isn't any need to lock the SD card. The only possible data that can be written to the card is if you're using a Windows computer. The only Resmed that had a problem with this System Volume data file was the S9. The purpose of this data file is to speedup listing the drive's contents. Unless you have gigabytes of data, there isn't any perceivable difference in speed while listing the removable device's contents. You can turn this option off if it bothers you.

You can place a piece of cellophane adhesive (aka: Scotch) tape over the SD card's slot to allow writing to the card.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not being any kind of Tech Guy .. My laptop is a windows computer .. I read that some had a conflict with the Resmed
Machines .. Its good to know I don't need to switch the card to read only ..

Looking on the computer there is no shortage of USB to SD adapters ..  I thought there would be one that went the other
way ..  That I just couldn't find ..

Thanks to all for the information ..   Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a nice idea, but another problem is a voltage difference. An SD card operates on 3 volts, while the USB operates at 5 volts. You can easily drop the voltage going one way, but it's a real pain to try and increase the voltage going the other.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nap;
That makes sense .. Dropping DC voltage just needs a resistor ..
Increasing DC is harder ..
Thanks Again for the help ..
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
They do make wifi SD cards, so you dont have to take it out, apparently.
I dont have one, but I remember looking into it a year or two ago.

Maybe someone with one will chime in ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 691 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  Adapter Plugs for International Travel TiredOne789 6 1,048 10-09-2023, 07:46 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr
  12 volt battery adapter for Philips Respironics CPAP DreamStation Tech6 9 1,037 09-04-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Apneaway
  Q-lite Muffler to AirMini Mask Adapter Availability?? mcman56 0 894 07-14-2023, 09:45 AM
Last Post: mcman56
  Resmed air mini adapter rayks 2 1,061 03-12-2023, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 954 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  [Equipment] 914 Gadgets Airsense 11/AirMini usb-c adapter non-functional RadRayven 2 1,240 11-21-2022, 01:44 PM
Last Post: MoarSleepPlz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.