Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Clear Airway Events
RE: Clear Airway Events
We're going to raise minimum/maximum pressure to 9.6 and set EPR to 3. I want to see reduction in flow limitation. I still think a better collar is needed with a bit more resistance to chin-tucking.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, thanks.

What does a good Flow Limit look like?

I will research some collars and re-read the wiki/product reviews.

Below is my report from the sleep doctor if that helps, I was hoping for some of the hard data along with it but that's all he gave.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hre is what flow limits look like, the normal breath on the left is a "good" flow limit.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...eathing.29
Post Reply Post Reply
Bruce, if you will look at a zoomed view of your flow rate chart where the individual peaks are visible, you can see a distinct difference in the flatness of that peak where flow-limits are flagged as being high, as compared to periods where flow limits are less. You should be able to pick it right out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys.

Welp, I have set-up a night vision camera to watch my movements now. Maybe an 02 ring is next.

Last night was a struggle, super tired today. Notes below.

- Couldn't fall asleep until 00:15
- Ripped off the collar at 00:15 and fell asleep after that (on my right side), looks like the collar makes flow limit worse
- Woke up at 01:00 and switched to sleep on my left side 
- Woke up at 02:41 and switched to sleep on my right side

Looks like I sleep worse on my right?

On the positive note, looks like no mouth leak without mouth tape, collar or a chin strap!

Post Reply Post Reply
your flow limits show signs of positional apnea, they are clustered. this we typically associate with chin tucking. this is also why your pressure rises significantly if you are not in a CPAP mode. You mentioned a collar, use it, if its not working try another one. I did see a bit about a custom collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I am going to get a new collar.  I also ordered a new mask to get the leak rate down.

I've been sick so I dropped the pressure down to CPAP 8 for more comfort with a small piece of mouth tape. Looks like my tidal volume dropped from 440 average to 400 and not many events.  I feel okay today considering low sleep hours and a mild cold.

Post Reply Post Reply
I got the Wellue/Lookee O2 Wrist and got it into Oscar. I am still trying to get a new soft collar.

I am sick right now and could only tolerate level 7.

Any thoughts on the O2 drops, it just looks brutal.

Notes:
- CPAP 7
- Turned off EPR
- Mouth taped shut with cover-roll
- O2 levels seem very unstable and some signification/frequent drops
- Woke up not feeling great

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 347 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 121 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 176 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Clear airway Bullabill 3 236 03-12-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.