Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Clear airway events
Clear airway events
Two weeks into CPAP therapy, I'm having good success, reducing moderate (AHI ~20) to about AHI < 2 most nights.

I'm using SleepyHead software (sorry - my profile appears inaccurate; changed it but the change didn't register)

Typically half (8/16 events) are CA - clear airway events.  (the other 8 are split ~50/50 HA & OA)

Does CPAP therapy do anything for these clear airway events?  

From what I've read (this forum and elsewhere) I get the impression that it won't make a difference.

Am I getting this correct?  What can be done for CA events?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Clear airway events
Many people experience CA events when stating CPAP, they usually diminish over time. Turning off EPR helps some people. If you want better advice install [url=https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url] and post some charts.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave,

Thanks.  I actually have SleepyHead - just missed the "update profile" button when I started running it.

Which charts are of particular interest in this question?

I'll take a stab at this with attached screenshots but, please folks, let me know if others are more appropriate.

Attached a moderate close-up of two CA events.

[attachment=3673]

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that will be helpful, prior to both events you have an increase in volume. It would help to post the entire session use this guide http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JoseKnows,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,302 Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 192 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 204 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 110 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 150 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [CPAP] Clear Airway/Central AI? mattymast 3 178 03-30-2024, 09:43 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,549 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.