Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

"Clear airway" events
"Clear airway" events

I have an interpretation, whether the airsense flags these as CA or OA. They look very similar

I don't want to influence anyone else's interpretation. 

What do you think?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "Clear airway" events
I would suggest to be more readable chart FLOW, zoom more in on flow chart, from my limited understandings, possibly at times general may be able to Identify difference form CA from H or O often if the CA Flow will most often go FLAT LINE more immediately, re signal from Brain identify too low CO2 or as to much Oxygen. So brain in effort to rectify will more sudden stop breathing? Or otherwise times such as "JUNK SLEEP" the Sleeper is waking, tossing, turning unaware during movements actually holding breathe, but is no Physical full or partial blockage. Where as often H or O may at times happen more slowly Partial or fully blockage airway, then except for the exceptions when may not happen as so sudden too?
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting the lack of interest...

My suspicion was correct. CSA, sub cheyne stokes amplitude on the Airsense.

I ran serial SPO2 with and without CPAP. Averages showed zero difference at 87%. Percentage of time under 90% was 68-87% with lows in the mid 70s.

It took forever to get through to my doc (I am looking for another provider who is responsive), but was prescribed O2 to be used with CPAP. I have not done well at all with CPAP and it did nothing so i ran the O2 without CPAP.

At 1 lpm, no CPAP. Average SPO2 went up to 97%, with 2 events totaling 2 minutes under 90%.

So CPAP is nonsense for me. I do not have OSA at all.

This will probably be my last post to this forum as the entire problem seems to be alleviated with low flow O2.
Post Reply Post Reply
They are out of context. Please provide a full days detailed charts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 36 4 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,343 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 197 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 218 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 113 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 155 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [CPAP] Clear Airway/Central AI? mattymast 3 180 03-30-2024, 09:43 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.