Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

RE: Clear airway events
You should change the vertical axis scale on flow rate. ±180 is too wide. I suggest ±100.
Are the CAs that occur near 04:08 AM just before waking? If so, then ignore.

You do seem to breathe rather shallow -- at least that is my impression. Perhaps when you change scales, it will appear more normal.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
02-14-2015 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleeprider Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Here is a great tutorial on how to post these images: https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

I think that CA is definitely one I'd rather not have, but it looks a lot like a hypopnea on the wave form. FYI the little squiggles on the mask pressure are the pressure pulses you machine uses to determine if the airway is open or closed, sort of like a sonar. A slightly larger view would be helpful because we would see if there is recovery breathing at the end of the event, and we could rule out a leak or some other interferences.

02-14-2015 01:35 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Since they are decreasing, it sounds like pressure induced central events. Add that to it has only been 4 nights? My advice is to just watch the data and relax. All is well. It is common for folks to have CA events when first starting CPAP use or even when the pressure has been dramatically increased. Leave the pressure alone and just gather data. Get used to the machine, the mask, the entire thing.

As for images and the like:
inserting an attachment: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-How-to-Attachments
inserting an image: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-How-to-Inserting-an-Image

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
02-14-2015 03:13 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

I agree it looks like you are adjusting to the treatment. I had CAs in clusters upwards of 8, sometimes in the low teens and AHI over 20 some of the first nights. And it did calm a lot without adjustments, just several days. Personally, I like the flow rate graph at -60 to +60, and if you are breathing shallow, you'll be down around 18 to 20. The flow rate changes in lots of interesting ways throughout the night.

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
02-14-2015 05:52 PM
fractalice Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: AirSense 10 Autoset for Her
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Airfit N10 for Her
Humidifier: Built in
CPAP Pressure: 8

Other Comments: Started cpap 2/10/15

Sex: Female

I see there's a whole post I missed on learning how to work with the Sleepyhead software. Obviously I need to go there and do some reading.

I am comfortable with the idea that my data represents getting used to the machine particularly since I only had one clear airway event last night. Thanks all for helping me figure that out! Feeling more calm.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2015 09:00 PM by fractalice.)
02-14-2015 08:58 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Advisory Members

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

I think when it says CA of 1 for last night, it means 1 per hour. This would be the normal. If your readings were for the whole night, which I doubt, then all ALL ALL of your 4 nights are good results.
02-14-2015 11:24 PM
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Fractalice, can you confirm if the numbers in this post: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid100847 are for the whole night? If so then you are achieving an excellent result and can ignore the very few apneas you're getting. That 72 second one looks like an anomaly, so unless you get that type of thing frequently I don't think there's a problem.

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

02-15-2015 02:45 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
fractalice Offline

Preferred Members

DeepBreathing, yes, those numbers seem to be for the whole night. My MyAir dashboard for ResMed says I had 0.6 events per hour last night (7 hours total so maybe about 4 events for the night, and SleepyHead says CA 2, H 1, O 2, RERA 3).

MyAir sent me an automated email this morning saying it can take 3 months to start feeling a normal level of sleepiness which was good timing because I was just sitting here thinking, ok, so I'm getting an excellent result, why do I feel so tired? But then I also understand that the machine can't tell how much of those 7 hours I was actually asleep. I think some of my excellent results are due to being awake in bed and therefore not having any events.
02-15-2015 10:10 AM

Advisory Members

RE: No significant Clear Airway (CA) events, but just starting CPAP and still tired..
so, roughly what percentage of your 7 hours do you feel you were awake? Or, how many hours?

was this by choice, or were you having trouble getting to or staying asleep?

is your tiredness getting worse or just not getting better? It is more eyestrain'ish, fuzzy mental concentration, sleepiness or physical exhaustion that you are experiencing?

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2015 10:23 AM by quiescence at last.)
02-15-2015 10:21 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
fractalice Offline

Preferred Members

QAL, I just started using cpap on Tuesday, and Thursday night I was so distressed by the mask that I took it off after 4 hours. I'm getting to the point where I can make it the whole night, but I take much longer to get to sleep than I'm used to and I wake up 1-2 hours before I would prefer to. Last night was the first night I wasn't wide awake at 4AM. So I'm running on a deficit from the last few nights and still getting probably 2 hours less per night than I need. But I think things are showing signs of improving. This morning I just feel physical exhaustion...I don't need to go back to bed, but I'm dragging.
02-15-2015 10:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hypopnea-Clear Airway Questions Zippo 7 238 12-07-2016 10:45 PM
Last Post: Zippo
  Respironics 9 minute cycle with no events. pixpop 2 105 12-06-2016 09:17 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  2015 peer reviewed article on how xPAPs score events and auto algorithms respond robysue 1 140 12-03-2016 07:48 PM
Last Post: Perchas
  Events way too high! sfrasher 22 1,223 11-22-2016 06:35 PM
Last Post: sfrasher
  Unable to clear throat while on APAP NorthernGuy 5 315 10-17-2016 08:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed MYAIR Events per hr results ressler76 6 1,560 10-01-2016 11:07 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  CA events I_will_never_sleep_again 3 310 09-23-2016 06:56 AM
Last Post: I_will_never_sleep_again