Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Clear airway is the bulk of my AHI
RE: Clear airway is the bulk of my AHI
@sleeprider thank you for the insight. Of course that makes sense! I'll try on 7
Post Reply Post Reply
Some feedback from last night. Less than 1 on AHI, but a few grouped events

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks much better from here. Optimization is mostly common sense, and your median pressure is still near 7.6. Our objective is to find the most comfortable, least disruptive therapy possible, and with only 2-cm of variation this is what we try to achieve.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
According to my Airsense the 95% pressure is 8.3 so I think I'm looking good Re min/max.

Any other suggestions welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you feel?
#1 is that you wake up feeling rested and can be productive through your day.
No need to change anything if that's the case.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2022, 08:17 AM)Brazen Wrote: How do you feel?
#1 is that you wake up feeling rested and can be productive through your day.
No need to change anything if that's the case.

Unfortunately I have a 1 year old and a 4 year old, so the last time I felt rested was probably about 5 years ago...
Post Reply Post Reply
Stormpure - sorry, no cpap setting can fix that type of exhaustion. Just gotta wait it out.
Only about 17yrs to go!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have very little experience with this and I am brand new to CPAP as well as reading Oscar so take this with a grain of salt but do you think the very high pressure could be causing some of the central apneas....also my leak rate throughout the night is pretty minimal compared to yours, leak and centrals could be because you have the upper range all the way at 20? Just a thought again not an expert.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2022, 01:01 PM)Resmed10user Wrote: I have very little experience with this and I am brand new to CPAP as well as reading Oscar so take this with a grain of salt but do you think the very high pressure could be causing some of the central apneas....also my leak rate throughout the night is pretty minimal compared to yours, leak and centrals could be because you have the upper range all the way at 20? Just a thought again not an expert.

Good point. But I've lowered everything now to 7 and 9cmH20. I feel leaks might just be mask related and how I sleep. No idea, but they don't seem that bad to me given it's just a nasal pillow mask and I roll about
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I need to lift my peak pressure by a little, it seems to be topping out and I'm still having some CA and OA

Also not sure what's going on with the leak rate - Only thing I can think is I am moving around and its causing leaks. My mask is a P30i with nasal plugs, so I shouldn't be getting too much leakage. Any advice on leaks would be welcome.

https://shop.resmed.com/GB/en/cpap-masks...0i/p/63865
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 8 351 04-22-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: joeblough
Question [CPAP] Clear Airway/Central AI? mattymast 3 207 03-30-2024, 09:43 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,577 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 227 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 186 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Clear airway Bullabill 3 289 03-12-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 336 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.