Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Clearing rain out from tubing
Clearing rain out from tubing
Hi fellow Cappers.

I need some advice with this smallish problem if anybody has any info. I woke @about 4.30 am experiencing some rainout problems. I hung the tubing up thinking it would dry out during the day, but it didn't get all of the condensation out.

I am hoping someone knows a good and fairly quick way to get it out. I also hope there is no other underlying problem that caused the problem in the first place.i no doubt will find out tonight. Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Clearing rain out from tubing
G'day Shokk. A small amount of condensation is always going to occur in the tube and in my opinion is of little consequence unless you start getting water drops coming through the mask. I believe you've been having unusually cold weather up your way, which might be contributing to the problem. You can minimise rainout by cranking up the hose temperature (I run mine at 27 degrees in summer and 30 the rest of the year). Also try to arrange things so that the machine is lower than your bed so any condensation which does occur will drain back towards the machine. To dry out the hose you could try running the machine without the water tank for a while (I think this is possible with the A10), with the hose in this case running down from the machine so any droplets are expelled down and out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, Deep breathing, Thanks for the reply. Yes we are having some colder than normal weather at the moment. I have the temp set @30 degrees. The machine is on the floor on top of a board so that it is not sitting on carpet. Probably about 60 cm lower than the bed.

I am not sure, but I thought the machine needed water tank connected. There were quite a lot of water droplets and condensation in the hose this morning. There is still fair bit in it even tonight. I will look into that a bit more. Actually there was even water on the board around the machine this morning.

I will just have to see what happens tonight. Hopefully the machine and water tank haven't stuffed up altogether. Thanks again. Regards, shock.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which tube are you using standard or climate line? The easiest way to control rainout on the A10 is to get or make a hose cover. If you are using the climate line tubing set he climate control to Auto. That should eliminate the rainout.

Having some droplets of water in the tube shouldn't be a problem if the line drains to the machine. When I wash my tubing it is nearly impossible to fully dry it out. You can try drying it out running mask fit a few times. But I think this is unnecessary. With my climate line on Auto the tubing is bone dry the next morning with using humidity.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using the climate line tubing. I will check if I have it set on auto or not. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the climate line tubing and I keep a cover on it the year round. It helps to keep the rain out to a minimum and it keeps the hose from feeling cold against my skin if it touches it.

The avatar you chose is a beautiful dog, is it yours?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using Climateline tubing set to 27degrees with a hose cover and humidity set at 1. I don't get condensation in the tube. But I do get condensation in my Eson nasal mask early in the mornings, from about 4.00 am onwards. My bedroom gets cold, down to 10 or 12 degrees C, as it is winter here in the west of Sydney. I guess I can live with it as it is not too bad, more of a nuisance really. It doesn't happen in warm weather.

James
Post Reply Post Reply
If I need to clear the hose quickly, I remove it and whirl it over my head as fast as I can. That clears most of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Grammabear. No the German Shepherd I use for my avatar is not mine, but I do have a female long haired German Shepherd. I will have to look into getting a photo of her on here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi shokk,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I use a hose cover on my heated hose, and I don't get any rainout in it.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 608 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 358 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 759 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 626 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  Rain out all of a sudden mogulman 1 288 12-17-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 547 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.